1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

The snowstorm that beset Chesterama yesterday arrived late last night and deposited six inches of snow in my driveway. Might have to fire up the snow chucker for the first time since the holidaze.

2. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I wouldn't get the blower out just yet. The chinooks have arrived so chances are your snow will melt nicely away in a day or two.

3. Geo

Geo Troubadour

Speaking about the weather...

Have your ever ate so much garlic than people start to speak about Italian food and how much they suddenly crave it when you pass by?

kennyc likes this.
  4. FifthView

FifthView Istar

My short Daredevil S2 review:

Began with a bang, ended with a whimper.

5. Tom

Tom Istar

In a culture where the gods are depicted as resembling flawlessly beautiful humans, a la the ancient Greeks, it makes sense to refer to beautiful people as "godlike".

For a culture with horrifying gods with like eight arms and thousands of eyes covering their bodies or other scary sh*t, not so much.

6. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Has somebody been reading Lovecraft again?

7. One last time I have to outline. Criminal Procedure and Law of Armed Conflict, you have the dubious honor of being my last law school classes. Suck it.

8. kennyc

kennyc Inkling

Well then I guess congratulations are in order!

9. Russ

Russ Istar

Curious...what texts are you using for the Law of Armed Conflict? It is a topic I have an interest in and would not mind getting up to date on.

10. We are using the Law of Armed Conflict: An Operational Approach. It is published by Wolters and Kluwer. There is a new edition coming out soon that references some changes to the way the US views terrorists and some other updates. It's interesting. I have liked it so far.

11. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Are you still in Sanderson's class? Or was that last semester? And good luck with law finals. ICK.

Garren Jacobsen likes this.
  12. I am still in Sanderson's class. It's pretty easy. Just show up, listen, get the A. It really has been interesting for me though. It has helped me out a lot. I think they are going to be posting it up on the YouTubes. Thanks for the well wishes and ick is the correct term on a family website to describe finals season.

Tom likes this.
  13. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Finals were always the worst in college. I stopped at the Bachelor level though. You're brave lol.

14. Fixed that for you. ;)

Went to get a drink of water found my son fighting his Great Aunt with a toy sword and yelling "Fight, Fight" as he attacked. He's 18 months and knows how to use a sword. I can only blame myself for showing him how to use a lightsaber. And I am not ashamed of this.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  15. MineOwnKing

MineOwnKing Maester

Victoria Schwab mentioned me in a tweet!

That's like shaking hands with Herman Melville!

16. Geo

Geo Troubadour

Congratulations!

wait, do you feel like congratulations are appropriate here? I hope so. I ask because my brother is overly sensitive at being congratulated for anything other than his birthday.

And speaking about congratulations... we went to the theater. A woman in front of us was drunk. When the stage fight was at its best, she felt encourage to join and kicked/punched the woman in front of her... my opinion of the show: the realism was much more than what we were expecting or paid for.

17. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Some people fell the need to make their own form of entertainment...

18. Incanus

Incanus Archmage

Happy Lord of the Rings day!

March 25th was the day the ring went into the fire, culminating in the downfall of Sauron.

It's as good a thing to celebrate as anything else. Time to tip back a mug of brew from the Green Dragon Inn.

Tom, Ireth and MineOwnKing like this.
  19. MineOwnKing

MineOwnKing Maester

It's also bikini Friday.

It's a real thing...really.

20. Incanus

Incanus Archmage

I own no bikinis--not sure how to celebrate that one... Just stand back and observe I suppose...