1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Calico: Dogs shouldn't be that big!

Cat and moose relationship can be odd. A tabby I had years ago was relaxing in a sort of grass nest just off the driveway when a moose stuck its oversized snout into the cavity to take a closer look at the fur ball. Cats reaction: I let something THAT big sneak up on me? Better ease off the catnip. Current fur balls view moose as ambulatory scenery.

2. X Equestris

X Equestris Maester

This is a good point. I guess it would be more accurate to call them love angles.

3. Chessie

Chessie Guest

In case anyone is wondering, Reggaeton is terrible to listen to when writing. I've just wasted my entire morning dancing instead of working. Damned Latin blood!

4. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

Dancing is good for your soul.

5. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Ha, yes. It is. But not when I'm facing thousands of words still to write. :p

6. Velka

Velka Sage

Day 5 in the beautiful Mayan Riviera. Food is great, drinks are cold, sun is shining, sand is between my toes, and layers of sunscreen are beginning to drive me nuts. All is well, except for the fact that on day 2 the speaker on my MacBook Air blew so now whenever I turn it on it emits a static shrieking noise that makes me feel like bees are in my teeth.

So much for writing this week.

Pros:
    Still have my iPad, but I can't write on this thing.
    Read 3 books.
    Went to Coba yesterday and climbed the 138ft Nohoch Mul (the only Mayan pyramid you can still climb, I totally don't recommend this as it was terrifying and there is no safety precautions in place besides a rope and the steps are narrow and worn smooth by centuries of feet, sweat, and terror), then snorkelled in a cenote and saw fishies.

Cons:
    Top Scribe story is unlikely to be complete for the competition.
    Current WIP hasn't been touched in days.
    Looking at a pricey repair bill when I return.

Cue the world's smallest violin.

kennyc likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Istar

It's funny how that happens. My wife and I were in the Bahamas over Christmas and New Years and her Air just died. She had planned on doing a lot of writing on vacation but ended up reading a lot instead.

Sometimes the powers that be tell you it is time to take a break from writing.

Velka likes this.
  8. Velka

Velka Sage

The powers that be have an annoying sense of timing. :)

9. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

I always get sick for the first few days of any vacation... Why should technology fare any better...

10. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Aye, Velka. Have fun! Who cares about writing when you have beaches and margaritas. Sigh. I wish I was in the tropics right now. It's still [expletive] snowing here. Why Alaska?? Why?!?

11. kennyc

kennyc Inkling

Well I'm not even in Alaska but supposed to get rain/snow mix here starting in a few hours....

12. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I'm sorry. We're waiting on the 7 promised inches. Geesh. The only reason why we still live here is because my husband refuses to move. I've been trying to sweeten him up to move us to Washington but it's a no go.

Husband: "But babe, when the drones come we can survive in the mountains. Why do you think I've been training you all these years? Oh babe, don't cry! You want me to take you to Hawaii in the fall?" <--- true story

13. kennyc

kennyc Inkling

I believe it....my son is one of your Alaska State Troopers....currently in Anchorage....but has been various places in that last few years....

14. Velka

Velka Sage

I am currently formulating a plan on how to gain the iguanas trust so I can sell photo-ops with them to tourists and live down here in a hut on the beach. Sounds like a solid business model, however I've had four vodka & tonics so I'm sure there's a few logistics I will need to work out.

Tom and kennyc like this.
  15. Anybody participating in March Madness brackets this year?

16. TheKillerBs

TheKillerBs Inkling

Already busted. Flipping Purdue...

17. Baylor hosed me. Never picking them past the first round again that's for sure.

18. Russ

Russ Istar

Well if we are talking sports...all I really have to say is:

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Tor! Tor! Tor!

19. kennyc

kennyc Inkling

Do they serve corned beef in paradise?

20. Chessie

Chessie Guest

It's been snowing since early this morning and hasn't stopped. Can't see the mountains in my backyard: snowy.