1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

So what happens if you write a review about your own story? This must be tested. For science.

2. Heliotrope

Heliotrope Staff Article Team

OMG Chesterama, I love that you know the Vasilia the Beautiful story :)

3. Where did the site go for like 6 hours?

4. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

The otherside. It went to the otherside.

5. Heliotrope

Heliotrope Staff Article Team

The Upsidedown.... (For those Stranger Things nerds like me).

6. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I love Russian fairytales! Actually, I'm a fairytale fan in general. :) There's also the one Russian tale of the girl who had 2 wicked stepsisters and a wicked stepmother (think Cinderella). Can't recall the name of the story but one winter day their fire runs out. The stepmother sent the beautiful stepdaughter out to get fire, hoping that the girl would die. Instead, the girl hiked up this huge moutain and ended up in the land of the gods in this beautiful forest. She rolls up on the gods having a bonfire and they give her a piece of that fire to take home. Well, the flame is magical and burns the the girl's house down with her wicked family in it. I don't think there was a hot prince involved though. The end.

7. Addison

Addison Auror

What's with the new new Thanks and Reputation count thing? It was perfect as it was. I logged in and saw I had more than 200 thanks. I was startled and excited, then I saw the change. So, that bubble burst. Still, why the change?

8. Yeah I got 84 or something and now I'm confused...

9. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

The thanks system changed, there is more on this in the "suggestions & feedback" section.

10. So in the morning I'm going to be auditioning for a musical

What have I done

11. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Sounds awesome, Dragon! Would it be more fitting to say "best of luck" or "break a leg"? XD

12. Ban

When in doubt, say Best of luck in breaking a leg.

Ireth likes this.
  13. Velka

Velka Sage

At the cottage once again, and wifi is actually working! It's currently raining in biblical proportions, I have Guy Gavriel Kay's Children of Earth and Sky waiting to be read, a half finished puzzle, a lazy dog sleeping at my feet, and entire day with nothing to do. Well, if this rain continues I may have to Google how to build an arc, but otherwise it's catching up on the forums, reading, finishing my puzzle and napping for me today.

Life is good.

14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

If I recall correctly, first you need several tons of gopherwood (whatever that is), and a place to build that's more than 300 cubits long by 80 cubits wide, and 40 cubits tall... XD

15. Ban

Pro tip of the day: Don't drink more than 1 liter of black coffee.

16. Tom

Tom Istar

Hi Velka! Wow, sorry it's taken so long for me to respond! After wrapping up the camp season I immediately went tent camping with a bunch of friends--my cell service was good enough in the wilderness to get Spotify and Tumblr, but apparently not MS. It was fun but I'm glad it's over--I REALLY beat myself up as a sports counselor, and hiking and sleeping on the ground weren't doing my injuries any favors. A full summer of fencing, rugby, soccer, football, and hiking will do that to you.

I have in fact been writing, just not anything new! I think I'm finally done taking notes/obsessively worldbuilding for Southerner, so now it's time to start writing again. I also got a sudden motivation to return to Frostbite, that vampire project I was working on--for Camp NaNo, I think it was.

So how have you been? Writing anything good?

17. I should probably get a profile picture soon. But I don't like my face. so I guess I'll draw a dragon or something.

18. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I use my COA from my SCA days.

(Unofficial Coat of arms: 2 fleur de lis rising over sun on mountains.
    My daughters going further then I.
    Which couldn't be official, since my coat would be established before my daughters were born.)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  19. Unfortunately I don't have one.

20. Chessie

Chessie Guest

When every word you write today sucks but you keep telling yourself that it's really not that bad...

:throwball: