• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Submitted my first story for publication in, well...maybe in years. See how it goes. If it gets accepted, that will be one goal off my goal list.

Had to cut 400 words to get it into the 1500 word limit, which sucked, so if it does not get picked, I'll be putting them back.

I hope everything goes well for you!

Submitted my first story for publication in, well...maybe in years. See how it goes. If it gets accepted, that will be one goal off my goal list.

Had to cut 400 words to get it into the 1500 word limit, which sucked, so if it does not get picked, I'll be putting them back.

i-wish-you-good-luck.png

Tom

Istar
It's funny, I feel like something has shifted about the way I look at my writing. I take my work a lot less seriously now, and I'm finding myself having more fun with my characters and worlds. I allow myself to get away with a little self-indulgence now. Maybe that's the key--I was so focused on writing a particular type of story that I lost sight of what I actually enjoy. Hmm. Whatever caused my change in perspective, I'm grateful for it. It's definitely helped my productivity!

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
It's funny, I feel like something has shifted about the way I look at my writing. I take my work a lot less seriously now, and I'm finding myself having more fun with my characters and worlds. I allow myself to get away with a little self-indulgence now. Maybe that's the key--I was so focused on writing a particular type of story that I lost sight of what I actually enjoy. Hmm. Whatever caused my change in perspective, I'm grateful for it. It's definitely helped my productivity!

And it will likely increase your audience's enjoyment of the story as well. I firmly believe that when an author likes writing a scene then that will rub off on the reader.

Reactions: Tom

Addison

Auror
I forget who said it, but there's a writer's quote that said something along the lines of "No tears in the author, no tears in the reader. No passion in the author, no passion in the reader". So when you write you're transmitting more than dialogue and action.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
On a non-cofveve level, this little video is just too good. What a great premise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom
I'm predicting that 'covfefe' is going to end up in dictionaries one day as an actual word with an actual definition. I predict it.

The day the first covfefe comment was posted to this thread, I did a search for the word on Amazon and found 12 pages of products, everything from quickly-made MP3 files to mugs, t-shirts, bumper stickers....I think it'll only end up a footnote in history, but who knows? It might gain more traction unexpectedly.