1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Seeking critique partner for short stories

Discussion in 'Writing Groups' started by Filk, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Filk

Filk Troubadour

Haven't posted in while. I've been writing a bit, though, and I want someone to read some of my short stories and provide helpful feedback. If things go well, I have a novel I might end up editing and another that I am writing with a friend on google docs and is nearing the climax. That being said, my friend is very busy and is more of a legal writer.

I write fantasy. My writing is strongly influenced by the natural world. I am developing my world via writing short stories. Often I will do series of disparate stories set tin the same city to help give the place depth. I am ultimately going to write a series in this world, and have ideas for a few stand-alone novels to write prior to commiting to a big series. My world contains dragons and several humanoid races of my own creation. There is magic; there are other dimensions and worlds.

I am a somewhat experienced writer, although I have nothing published. I have participated in a decent amount of college level workshops and feel that I can offer poignant criticism sometimes. It is hard for me to cultivate interest in my work in those around me, and I live in a very rural area. I figured I would come here for this sort of help :D

To anyone who remembers me from on here, hello! I hope this message finds you all well.

2. Filk

Filk Troubadour

I posted a short short to the showcase so that you can taste my flavor. hehe

3. Incanus

Incanus Auror

Well, I've been working on some short stories myself lately. My three longest ones are--like yours--set in the world I've been building for writing novels in. I'd be interested in having another set of eyes on them, and in commenting on yours as well. I read the piece you have in the Showcase for a taste. Some nice writing and details there--I'd be happy to see more.

It appears we have at least a few similarities. So go ahead and PM me if you are interested in an exchange.

(If you wanted to see a brief sample of my writing, I posted an item in the Showcase a few months ago. It's likely fallen back to the second or third page by now. It's a prose-poem, so keep in mind the language is more lush and rich than I use for short stories. It is called The Shadowstone Temple.)