• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Slap It or Save It

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Save.

Next person occasionally (or more than occasionally) misses meals due to being caught up in writing or other creative projects.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Slap it. I'm not Starman or Kin Korn Karn. The Amazon, maybe. (OK, no one is going to get that.)

The next poster has written horror before.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Save it… though my horror, written in 8th grade, deserves to be slapped.

(Also… I'm the Giant Panther. IRON CLAWWWWWWWWW!!!!)

The next poster has played Secret of Mana several times with friends.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Save it. Yes, and I always had to play the Sprite. So I would sit there for hours saying "When can I play guys?"

The next poster hasn't worked on any fiction in two days.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Slap. I'm working on a short story right now, which I started two days ago. ^^

The next poster is dreading having to kill off one of their characters.

teacup

Auror
Slap it. I can't wait.
devil.png

The next poster's favorite character of their story isn't the main character.

GeekDavid

Auror
Save. It's the thief I created to help get over some hurdles, and kept around cause I like him so much. One of my readers said he visualized the thief as Pierce Brosnan. :)

The next poster tends to assign the voices and/or appearances of TV/movie stars to the characters they read or write about.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Slap, then block with the other hand to SAVE. I have a very specific voice in my head, but it's not a famous person's. Not intentionally. Inevitably, I later recognize it as Mrs. Thompson from Boardwalk Empire or Spike from Cowboy Bebop or somebody from Game of Thrones. But I don't always know the actor's name.

The next person hates playing the healer, and it especially shows when s/he plays the healer cuz there's your party member, bleeding to death, and there you are like fighty, fighty, fight!

Save it. Yes, and I always had to play the Sprite. So I would sit there for hours saying "When can I play guys?"
Didn't you abuse the HP Drain spell (Lunar magic)? Drop smiling rock on enemy, drain HP, drop more rocks…

Me? I played the healing girl the first time. Sometimes my party members died because I was like 'heyyyy, I threw Lt. Duck! And that's Chun-Li's kick! 999 damage, yeahhhh! Oh… you're both dead now. Well, you'll feel less dead after we go to the inn.'

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Save. What kind of character goes around trying to clean up the blood? That's just . . . . bleh.

The next poster has successfully sold a short story.

teacup

Auror
Slap. I've never even written a short (though I have a humour one planned...I don't even know if I could pull it off.)

The next poster is closing in on the end of their wip.

GeekDavid

Auror
Save. After today's writing session I'm likely to declare the second draft done and send it off to my editor.

The next poster is already thinking of their next book.

teacup

Auror
Save. I can't wait to start book 2, or book 3, for that matter. Then there's the other books I've planned...Too many things to write D:

The next poster is a planner, in writing.

GeekDavid

Auror
Slap. Seat of the pants all the way. :)

Next poster finds themselves waking up in the middle of the night with an idea for a story (either the one in progress or a new one).

Butterfly

Auror
Save it... gotta write it down then and there or it'll be gone when morning comes.

The next poster has recently spewed at the kerbside whilst drunk...

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Slap. Never gotten drunk enough to spew.

Next poster is working their way through writers' block.

GeekDavid

Auror
Slap. I am, however, fighting against pure unadulterated laziness... it's pretty much a daily battle. :)

Next poster has a cup of tea next to their computer right now.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Edit - too slow - Save: I do like honey in my tea.

Slap it. The cup's for coffee and while it's technically empty there's enough coffee residue to stuck in it I could probably make a new cup by just adding hot water.

The next poster just went "eww!"

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Mega-Slap. I change diapers all day - it takes more than watery coffee to make me go eww.

The next poster likes rogue characters more than wizards.