• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Small Writing Group in London

Demiurgess

Dreamer
Hi everyone!

I am working on an epic fantasy novel at the moment. But occasionally I also write shorter pieces in SF genre. I really feel in need of a good dedicated writing group where we could all exchange ideas, inspire and help each other. If we could cover both fantasy and SF that would be cool, but no pressure.

Is there anyone who would like to join a small critique group like that? If we could gather 4-5 people and meet on Zoom for now, and hopefully in real life when the lockdown is over, that would be awesome. We can discuss the best mode as we go.

I really hope to find like-minded people! Let's join the efforts and write cool stories!

Carol

Scribe
Hi everyone!

I am working on an epic fantasy novel at the moment. But occasionally I also write shorter pieces in SF genre. I really feel in need of a good dedicated writing group where we could all exchange ideas, inspire and help each other. If we could cover both fantasy and SF that would be cool, but no pressure.

Is there anyone who would like to join a small critique group like that? If we could gather 4-5 people and meet on Zoom for now, and hopefully in real life when the lockdown is over, that would be awesome. We can discuss the best mode as we go.

I really hope to find like-minded people! Let's join the efforts and write cool stories!

Whereabouts in London are you?
C:)

Carol

Scribe
Let me know, Carol, what do you have in mind and we can try and start something :)
I am new to the fanyasy genre and am feeling my way gradually. It would be good to 'meet' with those who are more knowledgeable in the genre. That said, being able to talk with people new to the genre, writing, etc would be great. Writing can be such an isolated activity and confidence in your writing can take a dive. Support. Encouragement. sorry I'm rambling a bit. Migraine painkillers. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Demiurgess

Dreamer
I am new to the fanyasy genre and am feeling my way gradually. It would be good to 'meet' with those who are more knowledgeable in the genre. That said, being able to talk with people new to the genre, writing, etc would be great. Writing can be such an isolated activity and confidence in your writing can take a dive. Support. Encouragement. sorry I'm rambling a bit. Migraine painkillers. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I agree writing can be very isolating. And it is nice to talk about the stories you write. And I know how it is with confidence. I havbeen writing sci-fi and fantasy for quite some time, but I am new to London in a way, and I am always eager to meet/talk to like-minded people :)

S J Lee

Inkling
IF things are done "virtual" theses days, does it need to be people in London? We have a small discord group going, let me know if you are interested.

Righmath

Troubadour
Hey!

London here. Let me know if you're still looking for people to join, I've been looking for something similar!

South coast (West Sussex) but bit of a pedant, ancient and more SF than Fantasy. Do regular Zooms to Switzerland, Austria, canada and other regions of the UK.