• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

SPOILERS: Red Wedding Freak Out

teacup

Auror
Unless they squeeze in the Martells really fast or just leave them out completely there is no way that the next wedding is in this season.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
The wife & I just watched the Red Wedding episode last night...as the scene approached I just watched her.

Her reaction: Oh my God! Noooo!

Afterward, she said it was really upsetting. It depressed her, making her sad. I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite wiring quotes....

"The job of a writer is not to convey emotion but to invoke it."
- Eric T. Benoit

From a writer's perspective, there's a strong lesson reinforced by this scene. It's sad, it's horrible, the result is terribly depressing, it's angering....it's all emotion that compels me to read on because I want to see these evil, power grabbing men, receive justice.

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I would actually say most people who have watched the show with me are more interested in seeing the villains get their comeuppance more than anything else. Like T. Allen said, the show pulls emotions out of you, what it's supposed to do.

SeverinR

Vala
This was the 2nd wedding....

Tyrion & Sansa
Red wedding
Then... Well, you know.
I think he means a "red" style wedding, not just a wedding. Because the victims were already married for this wedding.
Tyrion & Sansa while suspenseful and entertaining, it was not red by any means.

I'm hoping they'll move Joffrey's wedding up to the next episode/season 3 finale. It would be great to get some payback to balance out all the tragedy.
I think Joffrey's demise is still a ways off, of course I didn't see this one coming either.

For some reason the =Title is required.

|Spoiler=Title-that-appears-small-and-bolded|Insert spoiler text here.|/SPOILER|

Oh, thats why it didn't work when someone else showed me how to do it, you have to have a title.

[spoiler equal symbol all caps]Type info here then [/ poiler] again all caps

Last edited: