• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tap...tap...tap... Is this thing on?

Just thought I'd pop in here and say hi! *waves*

I just happened to stumble across this place and it looks very interesting. I can't wait to explore. On the creative front, I write a little of this and a little of that, mostly fan fiction but I'm hoping to write more original stuff down the road. I enjoy reading fantasy and science fiction and look forward to meeting more of you all as time goes by. Now can someone tell me if there a secret handshake I need to learn or anything?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome to the site! Don't worry about learning the handshake right off the bat. You will be assimilated in due time.

Sparkie

Auror
Ahem! Um, yea, sorry 'bout the crappy sound system. We're getting a new amp on Tuesday...

Welcome to MS!

Fyri

Inkling
Ah! I thought I saw somepeople doing some funky dance earlier, is this the alleged handshake I should be studying? I dont knkw if my body bends that way... are there classes?

Hi Geekgrrllurking. About the handshake, you approach each other (this is for 2 people, there are variations), keeping eye contact with a little nod that says "hey, I'm a writer too". When face to face, you both extend your left hands, palms up, then both extend your right hands instead. Discovering that won't work, you then turn so your backs are facing, extend your arms behind you and shake hands. You then face each other again do a little bow. Got that? Oh bugger it, welcome to the Scribes!

Welcome to the site! Don't worry about learning the handshake right off the bat. You will be assimilated in due time.
Hi there, thanks for the warm welcome! Resistance is futile, I know ;)

Ahem! Um, yea, sorry 'bout the crappy sound system. We're getting a new amp on Tuesday...

Welcome to MS!
I wondered about that hum, good to hear that the mods have things under control though! Nice to meet you!

What's this about the secret hand shake? Someone holding out on me?
I see they didn't send you the memo either...
;)

Ah! I thought I saw somepeople doing some funky dance earlier, is this the alleged handshake I should be studying? I dont knkw if my body bends that way... are there classes?
I'm sure someone said that if we can play Twister then we are good to go on the handshake. I think the funky dance might have something to do with the poor sound system that's being upgraded. I hope there is a beginners class somewhere around here too. Gosh, this is a busy place...

Hi Geekgrrllurking. About the handshake, you approach each other (this is for 2 people, there are variations), keeping eye contact with a little nod that says "hey, I'm a writer too". When face to face, you both extend your left hands, palms up, then both extend your right hands instead. Discovering that won't work, you then turn so your backs are facing, extend your arms behind you and shake hands. You then face each other again do a little bow. Got that? Oh bugger it, welcome to the Scribes!
Lol, well it sounded like the hokey pokey there for a second, but I think I can swing it in a pinch. Thanks for the warm welcome!