• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Avengers

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
And I'm jonesing for a Hulk film with this guy in it; he's much better for the role than either of the previous actors.

They can do another Hulk movie with this guy - sure - but it needs to be a different story. They need to set it in Africa, base him out of the hovel that Black Widow finds him, and pair him off with a supervillain. If they make another Hulk origins film..... and just have him smashing tanks..... grrr.

Ophiucha

Auror
I think he was in India, but yeah, that could be an alright story.

Personally, I don't want another origin story film or another "him on the run from the government" film, either. I'd like to see one with him struggling with his identity as a superhero. Have it take place after the Avengers, and think about what it means to be an Avenger. He could have a right proper identity crisis, since he's been in hiding and keeping the 'other guy' inside for years, learning to control it perfectly but never really trusting it to take over except far away from civilization, in the forest or mountains. And we could bring back Thunderbolt Ross and have him turn into the Red Hulk - having to see what a truly evil Hulk would be and accepting the good parts of his counterpart along with the bad. Then he could be a more... willing part of the team in Avengers 2.

Endymion

Troubadour
I am a comi book fan so yeah I saw it the same day it came out.
It was a really nice movie and did not disappoint. Hulk was great but they focused to much on Iron man ( it was more like an Iron man & the rest of the heroes). It was fun but not that spectacular. The king of the comic book movies is still, The Dark Knight.

Justme

Banned
I think the part of the movie, where everything jelled was when the one agent who Loki killed died. It's really hard to, even in the real world to truly appreciate those quiet people who support your causes. The man reminded me of the slavishly adoring little brother who you rough up his hair and then leave behind. Up until then, everybody except Capt. America were individuals, instead of team players. His death changed everything and did so, in the nick of time.

Last edited:

Aravelle

Sage
I think the part of the movie, where everything jelled was when the one agent who Loki killed died. It's really hard to, even in the real world to truly appreciate those quiet people who support your causes. The man reminded me of the slavishly adoring little brother that you rough up his hair and then leave behind. Up until then, everybody except Capt. America was individuals, instead of team players. His death changed everything and did so, in the nick of time.

I never thought of it that way, but you're right..

I think the part of the movie, where everything jelled was when the one agent who Loki killed died. It's really hard to, even in the real world to truly appreciate those quiet people who support your causes. The man reminded me of the slavishly adoring little brother who you rough up his hair and then leave behind. Up until then, everybody except Capt. America were individuals, instead of team players. His death changed everything and did so, in the nick of time.

Yeah, but the one problem I had with the movie was how obvious they made this. It's like "here's the token bonding moment where we start kicking ass"

Justme

Banned
Yeah, but the one problem I had with the movie was how obvious they made this. It's like "here's the token bonding moment where we start kicking ass"

Well, I think everything is obvious when you are looking back at something. Especially If you are in the third person. The issue is was there an obvious lead in into this, which I don't think there was. If the guy was screaming about teamwork, as Capt. America was pretty much doing, that would be different, but this guy didn't even show up on the radar, until they started reminiscing. I just wonder if this would even of happened, if Nick Fury would not have revealed those pictures.

How would the whole scene be done better. I don't know If It could be.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat

That's true, but it also showed how manipulative Nick Fury and SHIELD can be. It looked like the token bonding moment because they used his death to create that moment.

I mean, look at what he did with the Captain America cards - they didn't show it, but he went over to the corpse and smeared them with a dead man's blood.

If the guy was screaming about teamwork, as Capt. America was pretty much doing, that would be different, but this guy didn't even show up on the radar, until they started reminiscing.

He was in all the individual movies - if you've seen Iron Man and Thor and Captain America, he wasn't off the radar at all.

Last edited:

Justme

Banned
That's true, but it also showed how manipulative Nick Fury and SHIELD can be. It looked like the token bonding moment because they used his death to create that moment.

I mean, look at what he did with the Captain America cards - they didn't show it, but he went over to the corpse smeared them with a dead man's blood.

Well, Nick Fury did use those cards, but no one knew he'd used them, until he explained it. My question still stands as to how the scene could have been done differently, when the time constraints of a 2 hour movie are considered.

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
I actually liked how manipulative Nick Fury was. I mean come on, just because these people are on the 'good' side doesn't mean they're perfect or are going to be completely honest. He saw a way to motivate his team, and he did it, just like with the weapons, he saw an advantage to be gained and he did what he thought (emphasis) needed to be done. Like Stark said, he's a spy. He's not a knight in shining armor.

Justme

Banned
He was in all the individual movies - if you've seen Iron Man and Thor and Captain America, he wasn't off the radar at all.

I've seen them all, but we weren't speaking about those. We were talking about his visibility on the Avengers Movie.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I watched The Avengers last May 19, the theatre was almost full, we all laughed with the great humour and I really liked the movie, much better than Battleship which was quite a disappointment for me- It started a little slow and at first I did not understand what the heck was happening, perhaps because I did not watch the previous movies about the characters.

The Avengers is pretty spectacular, inspiring and fun =)

My only trouble with the movie was that they sometimes talk, and talk and then they keep talking and talking (too much dialogue makes me get bored) and it really takes awhile before all the energy beams and explosions and monsters show up, but when it started, it was great!!

Saw it. Loved it. Been quoting it all day. Going for shawarma for lunch on Friday. ;)

lol
This movie was amazing I've already seen it twice. I'm not really into comic book superhero stuff but I have to admit this movie was fantastic.

Oh and I don't care what anyone says, the "Galaga" part was the funniest part of the movie

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
Apparently Thor's "He's adopted" line has the adoption community in a buzz. Some reporter stalked out of the movie theater because of it and wrote a nasty article.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Apparently Thor's "He's adopted" line has the adoption community in a buzz. Some reporter stalked out of the movie theater because of it and wrote a nasty article.

Some people are hypersensitive. It's a ridiculous thing to be upset over, but you can find someone to be offended about anything.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Some people are hypersensitive. It's a ridiculous thing to be upset over, but you can find someone to be offended about anything.

I have friends who were adopted siblings. They said that line was funny and true, and that they're always comparing themselves like that. I think people who are upset don't even realize, Thor still likes his brother. Sort of.

Course, that's not the only line that's got people upset over nothing.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I have friends who were adopted siblings. They said that line was funny and true, and that they're always comparing themselves like that. I think people who are upset don't even realize, Thor still likes his brother. Sort of.

Course, that's not the only line that's got people upset over nothing.

What other one has people upset.

I wonder if they'd have been happier if Thor said I'M adopted?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
What other one has people upset.

Something that Loki says to Black Widow, basically it's a sexist slur translated into Victorian English. Whedon said he's proud to have gotten it by the censers so some people are calling him sexist. You can google it or someone else will share - I try to keep my hands light with this stuff.