• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Avengers

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Something that Loki says to Black Widow, basically it's a sexist slur translated into Victorian English. Whedon said he's proud to have gotten it by the censers so some people are calling him sexist. You can google it or someone else will share - I try to keep my hands light with this stuff.

Oh, yeah. Well, Loki is the freaking bad guy. Idiots.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Some people are hypersensitive. It's a ridiculous thing to be upset over, but you can find someone to be offended about anything.

I sir take offence to that. :p

Something that Loki says to Black Widow, basically it's a sexist slur translated into Victorian English. Whedon said he's proud to have gotten it by the censers so some people are calling him sexist. You can google it or someone else will share - I try to keep my hands light with this stuff.

OMG... hahaha... Obviously, these people don't know who Whedon is. The guy is an avid supporter of and was honored by Equality now, a human rights org. for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women and girls around the world. This is like calling an priest an Athiest because he cracked a religious joke.

Tamwen

Troubadour
Whedon has some of the most amazing female characters. Calling him a sexist is so hilariously backwards.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Whedon has some of the most amazing female characters. Calling him a sexist is so hilariously backwards.

Yeah, true. I've been re-watching the Buffy series and enjoying how he presented the various characters in that show.