• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The PS4 exclusive Bloodborne.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello, anyone that is interested in Bloodborne.

I have been playing the game like crazy, every night. Bloodborne is really addictive, what a cool and wonderful experience. I'll have to force myself to take a break from my adventures at Yharnam and surroundings very soon, and go back with the Plants because otherwise I might go crazy with this game!

My Bloodborne update: After a long time of exploring and hunting at the Forbidden Woods, I have managed to get a good idea of how to navigate there and I do not get lost as often as before. The place is a true nightmare, very confusing and even infuriating sometimes...

I understand why so many people hate the Forbidden Woods, but it's not so bad after you spend a good time fighting and exploring there.

My real problem was the battle against the three Shadow of Yharnam enemies. I spent a few nights convinced that I would never get past them and my Bloodborne adventure was over, because it's a super crazy and very unfair battle. Three against one! And they can hit me from very far, and they invoke those giant snakes... What a miracle it is that they do not heal themselves.

I made the mistake of following that stupid advice about using the Tonitrus, and in the end my old and heavily fortified Hunter's Axe proved to be the best weapon for taking those (F-bomb)ers down. I hate them hate them hate them! The idea of a second playthrough is not pleasant to me anymore, just thanks to those (F-bomb)ers that I never want to fight again.

In the end, I managed to win the fight by sheer luck... Video coming soon.

The good thing about the Forbidden Woods is that I have been earning Blood Echoes like crazy there, not to mention so many great prizes... I have spent some time to level up and fortify even more, and still the new monsters at Byrgenwerth and Cainhurst Castle are beating me a lot.

You know what?

I read comments some time ago which said that the first part of the game was the most difficult stuff that Bloodborne had to offer, but that is a rotten lie. The monsters just keep getting stronger and stronger, and when you think that you are already very powerful new monsters come and kill you easily.

It's true that the game becomes very exciting and addictive after you get through the start, but it never becomes easier.

I mean, I am killing Snatchers easily now and tonight I just destroyed Paarl the Darkbeast in our first encounter, and yet those new monsters at Byrgenwerth and Cainhurst are dreadful! I cannot even imagine what kind of beasts I am going to encounter later in the adventure, but I trust my faithful Axe to get me through anything ahead.

I am loving Bloodborne anyway... And now, the video of my fight against Vicar Amelia who is my favorite creature and also favorite boss so far in the adventure:

Vicar Amelia freaking rules!

Last edited:

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
After several days, I am back with another Bloodborne update.

I have already explored the surprisingly small area of Byrgenwerth, and I know where Rom the Spider awaits me but I have decided to wait a little more before my first encounter with it. Meanwhile, my Hunting and Leveling Up continues and I am hitting harder than ever.

It feels wonderful to go back to Central Yharnam and literally annihilate every monster that once scared me =)

My favorite Hunting grounds are Hemwick, Cathedral Ward and the Healing Church Workshop, and the Forbidden Woods too even though I am getting tired of it. Also it's a lot of fun to visit Hypogean Gaol and kill the Snatchers/Abductors there, heh heh... Vengeance is sweet!

I have also got transported to the Nightmare Frontier, but I have not explored it too much yet because my raids into Cainhurst Castle continue. At this point I know the castle pretty well, but I lost my first battle with the dreadful Martyr Logarius... He is really powerful! I still damaged him a lot, but I have the feeling that it's going to take me many tries to finally destroy him.

After that, I plan to swear allegiance to Queen Annalise.

I know that it's possible to provide Alfred with the Cainhurst Summons, but he wants that only so he can travel to the castle and kill the Queen. My intention is to protect Annalise, so I have a question for you Gryphos in case you are reading this:

In case I confront Alfred at Cathedral Ward... How tough is this guy? Have you killed him?

I have the feeling that all this time Alfred has been using me. He just waits there even though the path to the Forbidden Woods is open... Instead of getting into the forest in order to search for the Summons himself, Alfred apparently has been waiting for me to provide this item to him.

Well, guess what Alfred! I shall be loyal to Queen Annalise, and instead of helping you I plan to kill you. I just hope that this guy is not too strong... Who knows what is going to happen.

Finally, the video of my fight against the Shadow of Yharnam:

Last edited:

Gryphos

Auror
Honestly, I've never tried killing Alfred, but I know that he's not terribly strong. At least, he's no stronger than the other Hunter NPCs you fight like Djura and his mate.

I would think twice about killing him, though, mainly because I wouldn't be too worried for Annalise's safety. She survived the big assault on Cainhurst by Logarius and his Executioners, didn't she?

Plus, there's a fan theory about Alfred's origins that I have personally adopted as headcanon. They make his character much sadder, but still don't excuse his zealotry, of course.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Thanks Gryphos!

I am reading more about the lore behind Alfred and Annalise right now. I understand his desire to honor Martyr Logarius and become a martyr too himself, but I still have the feeling that he has been simply using me to do all of the hard work and just wait there until I give the Cainhurst Summons to him.

Also, the problem is that I definitely want to swear loyalty to Queen Annalise.

After taking the oath Annalise would be my Queen, so providing Alfred with what he needs to reach the castle and kill her would be an act of treason. I cannot betray my Queen, so I am not going to send Alfred to her. I know that she can be revived, but still betraying her is impossible to me... I am considering to just leave Alfred waiting at Cathedral Ward instead of killing him, though.

I am wearing the Knight's Set now... Do you know if Alfred would become hostile to me, if he sees me wearing it? After all, it's the set worn by Cainhurst Knights.

My battle against Paarl the Dakbeast is finally here!

Last edited:

Gryphos

Auror
No, I don't think Alfred becomes hostile to you based on that. The only outfit-based interaction in the game I think is wearing Church clothes when you first meet Adella in Yahar'gul. Actually, there is another in the DLC, but it's not significant.

I say kill Alfred. Otherwise his quest line will just halt forever and actually, killing him will give you his badge, which will allow you to purchase a pretty sweet strength weapon from the Messengers in the Dream.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
After a long time, I have returned to my Bloodborne thread at last.

I keep advancing fine, but I have a problem at this point. The thing is that I have fallen into this I Need Money! kind of phase, because I want to be really strong before I go and fight Martyr Logarius again and the leveling up is insanely expensive already.

This means that I keep raiding Cathedral Ward, and raiding the Forbidden Woods, and raiding Hemwick and raiding Cainhurst Castle over and over and over again... It's getting to be very repetitive, to the point that even the intense combat system that I love so much becomes boring at certain moments.

So much grinding is discouraging to me, I think that the upgrades should be less expensive.

Well, my advances: I destroyed Rom the Spider, I discovered the Nightmare Frontier and also I have already finished the area of Yahar'gul Chapel and vanquished The One Reborn. After that I discovered this new, super nightmarish world filled with incredibly powerful monsters, and I have ventured into Upper Cathedral Ward as well.

What a wonderful game, a true jewel that Bloodborne is...

I keep trying to leave it aside for some time and play Garden Warfare or AC Syndicate instead (yeah, I just got ACS!) but Bloodborne just refuses to let me go! I love it =)

Are there any other Bloodborne players around, apart from Gryphos and myself?

Last edited:

Shafa

Dreamer
Hello Sheila,

I'm also a huge fan and kinda happy to find someone who is still playing it. I haven't read through all your posts but it seems this is your first playthrough. If so, how exciting! :) Feel free to bump me if you ever needed help. I have kept the game on my PS4 so I can jump online and help you with a nasty boss if you ever required.

I highly recommend that you purchase the DLC. And you have to finish the DLC before finishing the actual game, otherwise you have to do a new game to able to do so (when the game ends you'll jump in a NG+ instantly). Around midway through the main story is a good time to hop on the The Old Hunters. You'll be getting awesome new weapons, more lore and a boost to your level to continue the main game. It is one of those DLCs that one many levels is better than the vanilla game.

Happy hunting!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Shafa!

I am sorry that I have taken so long to reply to your post. It's just that I have been concentrated on my story at the Showcase, and I rarely pay attention to the Games Forum these days.

You are right, I am in my first playthrough of Bloodborne.

I started playing it back in May, but after some time I left it aside in order to play Garden Warfare instead. It's just recently that I went back to Bloodborne, but instead of venturing into the Nightmare of Mensis I have decided to just keep grinding and level up my lady Hunter as much as possible.

At the moment, I am level 154 and my Hunter Axe hits pretty hard. Almost always I carry the Axe and the Torch in the left hand, and my gun is the Evelyn. I am a Vileblood after finally having vanquished Martyr Logarius and swearing loyalty to Queen Annalise, and I am trying my best to kill other players in PvP duels so I can take presents to my Queen.

The problem is that all of them are super strong, and my character has very diminished vitality when I travel to those other worlds and on top of that they sometimes attack me in group, two or three against one! In several occasions I had almost killed somebody, but then the others destroyed me before I could land the fatal blow.

This is why I am looking forward to murdering Alfred, Valtr and Adella instead, in January!

I also help people sometimes, it's fun and also it gives me a lot of Blood Echoes. I offer assistance at Central Yharnam against New Game versions of the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne, it's a good business...

Thanks for your offer, but I really want to complete my entire first playthrough without help from other Hunters. I have even refused to summon Alfred, Gascoigne, Henryk or anybody else. At the moment, I know that I am very close to finishing the game but I want to be really strong before I face the final battles.

Thanks, I'll definitely get the Old Hunters DLC as soon as possible =)

Which is your favorite area of Bloodborne? I love Hemwick (which I call the Halloween world) and Cainhurst Castle, even though Central Yharnam also has a special place in my heart.

Bloodborne rules!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone, this is my first post of 2017!

Well, my adventures in the fantastic world of Bloodborne continue and guess what... yeah, Alfred is dead. I had been waiting a long time to swear allegiance to Queen Annalise and become a Vileblood, and my first victim has been the mysterious man that was threatening to attack and destroy my Queen.

At first, I attacked Alfred with my torch and he was confused. I think that what he said was "What is the meaning of this? Why turn your blade on me?", and I was surprised to see that he did not become hostile immediately. After that, I returned to the Dream in order to resupply and then I went back to finally destroy Alfred at Cathedral Ward.

I torched him again, and once again nothing happened...

At that moment, I was like: What is the problem with you, Alfred? What, don't you see that I am wearing the clothing of a Cainhurst Knight? Don't you see the Evelyn in my hand? Now I am trying to set you on fire, and you still do nothing! What do I have to do, bring my Queen here and kneel before her in front of you? Don't I smell like a Vileblood already? I thought that you were a Hunter of Vilebloods!

Then, I finally shot him with my Evelyn and all hell broke lose =)

Alfred was much stronger than I expected. Quite a fast and agile fighter, and very aggressive... He hits quite hard, though nowhere near as hard as I hit, and he had enough Vitality to take and survive three consecutive hits from my Axe. I think that he had about 1000 Vitality, which was really good even though I have 1500.

He managed to land a few good hits on me, but very soon I was merely playing with him.

Alfred died a courageous death, still trying to fight me and hopelessly trapped against a corner... At the final moment he said that I was going to regret having killed him (which I very much doubt!) and I earned my first Blood Dreg. After that, I was quick to go and visit my lovely Queen and I gave her the present.

Annalise was happy, and she gave me the Deep Respect gesture in return for the Blood Dreg =)

A video of the fight is coming soon. Now that Valtr creep is next in my list, but I want to level up my hitting power a bit more since I expect him to be even tougher than Alfred. I wish that I had not killed Djura, and his friend, and all those other Hunters before becoming a Vileblood... even though I know that I have always been a Vileblood, in soul and heart.

I am planning to start a series of videos called Vileblood Pride as part of my Youtube Channel. Now I need to become really strong so I can kill other players when I invade their worlds, and take their Blood Dregs, and keep my Queen happy... Oh yes, being a Vileblood is the best!

I keep working as a Cooperator at Central Yharnam, Hemwick and the Forbidden Woods, and I earn a lot of Blood Echoes from that unless my Beckoner gets killed. It was very cool to fight the Shadows with two other Hunters, three fighting three!

Do you know any good tips to win fights as an Invader?

Last edited:

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Tonight the Bloodborne thread shall come back to life!

First, I see that the system upgrade from vBulletin to Xenforo has caused a malfunction in my video links. No worries, that's very easy to fix with the new codes! I do have some new videos in my Youtube channel, and they are going to be shared here as well.

Some update:

I still have my first Bloodborne character ready to finish the game, since at this point all that she has to do is to go and talk to Gehrman at that secret garden place and get everything over with. I have not done that because I know all of the possible endings, and I think that they all suck. Eventually, my first lady Hunter shall eat the umbilical cords thing and kill Gehrman and kill the other thing as well anyway.

My second lady Hunter is ready to fight that crazy animal at the end of the Nightmare of Mensis, and I left her there.

Most recently, I have started a new adventure with a third lady Hunter. This new character is ready to fight Vicar Amelia, but it so happens that I want to destroy the damn Bloodstarved beast first!

This is my character Alice Starlight fighting Father Gascoigne:

Are there other Bloodborne players around here?