• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That? v3.1

Nagash

Sage
I'm gonna say Piranha plant either way, cuz Sarlacc Pit has always terrified me.

Smaug or the Flame of Udûn (Balrog) ?

Saigonnus

Auror
The Balrog has always impressed me more. It nearly takes Gandalf's life to slay it.

Glamdring or Orcrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaver

Staff
Mango juice.

Better movie trilogy:

LotR or The Hobbit?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Obviously the trilogy that can more easily convert to a video game is the better one by far:

What will be Legolas' new CGI power next time he's inserted in a movie:
  • bullet-time evasion of deadly projectiles, like Neo in the Matrix
    -or-
  • flipping through the air several times while dueling against a skilled swordsman, like CGI Yoda did in Episode 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaver

Staff
Bullet time evasion for sure. I'm sure that Legolas will be in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Most far-fetched character insertion into The Hobbit:

Legolas or Tauriel?

Last edited:

Saigonnus

Auror
Tauriel is a smidge more jarring than Legolas in my opinion.

Cheesiest movie... Army of Darkness or The Princess Bride?

Trick

Auror
Army of darkness for sure. Cheesy, to me, carries a bad connotation and The Princess Bride is all awesome.

Would you rather be a Wizard from Abercrombie's world or an Elf from Tolkien's?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'd rather be Legolas. (Scroll up four posts for reason.) If I can't be him, wizard.

How do you prefer your orcs to be born, forged from molten rock or when a mommy orc and a daddy orc fall in love…?

Reaver

Staff
The orc version of the birds and bees. I wonder what that would be? Cyclapes[SUP]tm[/SUP] and bladefrogs[SUP]tm [/SUP]?

And thus the segue into my question:

Cyclapes[SUP]tm [/SUP]or bladefrogs[SUP]tm [/SUP]?

Trick

Auror
I'm gonna go with bladefrogs. Not sure what they are but Cyclapes sound like they would eat me on sight.

Would you rather write many books with mid-grade success over and past a lifetime

or

write one book or short series so popular that it gets a movie deal and merchandising and everything but fades out in less than a decade?

Reaver

Staff
I'll go with the one that makes me rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

Lemons or limes?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
When life hands you a lemon, you make lemonade. So there's my answer...

...and my question: what do you do when life hands you a lime? Make a stiff drink or hold out until life hands you a tastier fruit?

BONUS: what does your answer mean metaphorically?

Reaver

Staff
An excellent question. For me the answer is make a stiff drink. But I fancy myself a pragmatist / realist and see the world through glasses with no lenses.

Bonus Answer: I guess metaphorically speaking, my answer means that I take life as it comes and deal with it accordingly.

Are you an optimist, a pessimist or a realist?

Gryphos

Auror
What exactly does realist even mean? Because all the self-proclaimed realists I've ever come across were 3edgy5me. If realist simply means seeing the world how it is, I do believe I have eyes, and ears, and I think the world is (mostly) pretty neat. I guess I'm an optimist and a realist.

Be too hot or too cold?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
After the winter we had, I'm looking forward to being in hot, humid Florida in mid-August. Bring it on, tropical heat. I lived in Kong Kong and took sweat-soaked three-hour walks.

I also skied in below-zero weather, so I know both extremes well.

Hang out with cool people or hang out with warm people?

Reaver

Staff
I lived in Kong Kong and took sweat-soaked three-hour walks.
Hang out with cool people or hang out with warm people?

Kong Kong? I didn't know you lived in Malaysia. :D Just kidding.... I know what you meant to type Speed Racer.

I have to hang out with the cool people. It suits me.

Are you

Mostly serious, mostly silly or somewhere in the middle?

Saigonnus

Auror
It may not seem like it here, but mostly silly is me... I am just too vulgar to show my true self. ;-)

So... Nerd, Geek or Dork?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saigonnus

Auror
Villains... I enjoy reading about their motivations.

If you could travel through time in only one direction... Would you choose the past or the future?