• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That? v3.1

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Tacos—and you just gave me an idea regarding what to do with those uncooked meat patties!

Here's something I NEVER ask when I man the grill, but I'll ask you since it's just a game and, therefore, doesn't mess with my grilling:
Rare or Well Done?

(Even if you prefer medium, you should still be able to choose based on this: are you trying to avoid burnt or bloody?
Vegetarians: are you trying to avoid burnt or the veggie burger equivalent of bloody, which I guess would be… juicy.)

Last edited:

Saigonnus

Auror
To be technical, when you cook meat, or even buy it in stores at the butcher. It isn't entirely blood, it is "Jus" and it is perfectly okay to consume, even raw if that is your predilection.

That being said, I prefer well done more than rare...

T-bone or Porterhouse??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Blue Cheese because blue is the color worn by the Thyra the Valkyrie, Billy Lee, Mega Man, Strider Hiryu, Chun Li and both Mario Bros… well, no one said I needed a good reason.

Which action figure would you want to pit against your ninja turtles, supermen, men in military uniforms and/or wresting undies and girls in sailor suits and/or kung fu dresses?

Abobo with Break-Away Wall!
th

"Eat my bricks, Lee Brothers? BRAH!"
(Bricks are not edible and should
not be handled by stupid children)

…or…

​Andore with Grip-Action™ Fingers!
(Flip-Action™ Poison and Strip-Action™ Roxy sold separately)
th

"I'll lift you by the throat and casually walk
you to your cage match, Mr. Mayor! GWAR!"

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Chun Li. That little blonde in her sweater-thong could not replace the real champ. If the choice was "Chun Li or Ryu" or "Chun Li or Akuma," same answer.

Also, since my question was answered in an unexpected way, let's run with it.
th
Girls in sailor suits and/or kung fu dresses vs. Abobo, Andore and Gwar!

Which guy gets beaten up first?

A) Andore
B) Abobo
C) The guy with the creepy Circle of Censorship

BONUS QUESTION: What AWESOME ATTACK MOVE delivered the KO?

EDIT: Here comes a new challenger!!
Chun Li
The Greatest Americanized Chinese Heroine!
th

"I am master of Stereotype Fu!"

chunli.jpg

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Andore.

The thing behind the Circle of Censorship would send the girls running into the hills screaming. Hell, it would send most men running into the hills screaming.

Biggest Chun Li ripoff:

Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter or Ellis from Battle Arena Toshinden?

*EDIT*

BONUS QUESTION ANSWER:

The Hyakuretsu Kyaku?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Pai Chan and bonus:
latest

Speaking of bonus rounds… which game has the best Break Car Bonus Round:
Final Fight, Street Fighter II, or Street Fighter III?

BONUS: Who won the SF2 Break Car Bonus Round when my brother and I entered the bonus round together playing as Chun-Li and E. Honda?

Reaver

Staff
Firstly, my BONUS ANSWER was correct.

Secondly, STREET FIGHTER II has the best Break Car Bonus Round.

Thirdly, for the BONUS:

E. Honda because his Hundred Hand Slap is devastating.

Karate Champ or Yie Ar Kung Fu?

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I had to look up Yie Ar. It's probably the better game, but I actually experienced Karate Champ and its wacky two-joystick controlling. So… CHAMP!

Bonus: trick question—it was a tie. Somewhere collecting dust is the GBA Street Fighter in which Chun-Li's best car-wrecking time beats E. Honda's by a hundredth of a second. They really were evenly matched in the original. There was a version where E. Honda could move during the hundred hand slap, making it the better move.

Jackie Chan: better off in his own game or in SF2?

Reaver

Staff
In his own game!!!

Jackie Chan dressed as Chun Li... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Why Sidekick? Why? That can never be unseen, my mind is now scarred.

You almost ruined Chun Li for me. Thank the gods for that funny Pete Holmes Street Fighter video with that beautiful woman playing Chun Li.

Sidekick linked that Jackie Chan video because:

A) He is a devious mastermind bent on destroying our psyche or B) He's a comedy genius?

Reaver

Staff
Firstly, the correct answer is Legendary Sidekick is both a devious mastermind bent on destroying our psyche and a comedy genius.

Secondly, I prefer anime.

Giraffe of Okapi?

Saigonnus

Auror
Okapi, definitely cooler looking critters.

Which would you eat?

Alligator Steak or Rocky Mountain Oysters???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
@Sag, cool to know there's yet another fellow ESL teacher here!

Alligator steak! I had alligator tail in Florida once. Will I eat it again next month? If it's on the menu, yes I will!

My Mac will not reboot and a year of family photos and the first four pages of my webcomic may be gone forever. What shall I do—teach my daughters the many uses of the f-word or repeatedly stab my laptop?
(For the record, I'm remaining calm and making another futile restart attempt.)

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Keep calm. Even though your computer may not boot, you can convert your HDD to an external HD. Whatever files on it will be salvaged.

I've just eaten dinner. Now it's time for....

Second helpings or dessert?