• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That? v3.1

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
The great white is sooooo 40 years ago, whereas the hammerhead is only sooooo 17 years ago.

latest

Fighter, wizard or thief?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Cleric, solely because of a Gameboy multiplayer action RPG in which the Joan-of-Arcish cleric's weapon types were either a large iron ball on a chain, or a very thick bible used for healing or bludgeoning.

Multiplayer action RPGs that you can win in one life (provided you equip yourself wisely), or multiplayer action RPGs in which one false step gets you mobbed to death.

BONUS QUESTION: In either case, if you die: restart at a save point (if whole party dies), or respawn and "streak" back into the fray.

Reaver

Staff
My favorite multiplayer RPG of all time is Gauntlet so: multiplayer action RPGs in which one false step gets you mobbed to death.

BONUS: Respawn and streak back into the fray. Wait... why is streak in quotation marks? Oh no...

Gauntlet or Joust?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I mean like in Diablo, where you run "naked" into the fray, but of course you're wearing the base costume and only lack weapons and armor. So you're not really running naked.

Joust was fun, but Gauntlet. That's the birth of co-op gaming. I loved the first one where there was only one warrior, one valkyrie, etc., so playing as a party was interesting because all players were different.

Secret of Mana or Crystal Chronicles?

[WARNING: link to Penny Arcade CrystalChronicles strip has F-bombs]

Reaver

Staff
IMHO, there's no contest. Secret of Mana wins hands down.

Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
The system that lets you play Secret of Mana.

Should I post the first four pages of my comic on this site if I can recover those files from my seemingly dead laptop, or keep them under wraps until I'm ready for the web comic to go live?

(About to chat with tech support now, and if that doesn't work out, I have an appointment to bring the laptop to the Apple store tomorrow. Wish me luck.)

Reaver

Staff
Keep them under wraps. As much as I'd love a teaser, I'd rather have the whole story to enjoy.

Good luck with tech support and everything else Mac related.

Big Hero 6 or The Incredibles?

Addison

Auror
The Incredibles, only because the story was original where as Big Hero 6 was inspired by a Marvel comic.

The Brothers Grimm or Hans Christian Anderson?

Reaver

Staff
The Brothers Grimm because their stories are so dark and creepy.

Unicorn or pegasus?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Still hippogriff (because of the griffin part), but if I'm being served Thanksgiving Turkey during the Canadian Thanksgiving, I prefer to dine on the Hippo Campus in Toronto, if such a place exists… or even if it doesn't.

Truth or dare?

Reaver

Staff
Dare.

Pfft... Hippo Campus. :D

McDonald's or Burger King?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
The burger that satisfies this old lady:

There is no Dunkin Donuts in Hong Kong. Where do you go instead? Starbucks or Krispy Kreme?

BONUS: Both were there while I lived in Hong Kong. Which one is still​ there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaver

Staff
Krispy Kreme. They have superior donuts. I believe that Soylent Green may be one of their ingredients.

BONUS: Starbucks.

Reeses Pieces or peanut butter M&M's?