Those most Memorable Dreams

Discussion in 'The Dreamscape' started by Sheilawisz, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DragonOfTheAerie

DragonOfTheAerie Valar Lord

Perhaps it is one of your ancestors' memories? People on here have talked about having memories that can only come from their grandparents or some other ancestor return to them as dreams. It is fascinating stuff.

It's also interesting to think about in the context of reincarnation, if you are willing to explore belief in that sort of thing.

TheCrystallineEntity likes this.
  2. TheCrystallineEntity

TheCrystallineEntity Dark Lord

I was just about to say, maybe it was a past-life memory.

3. Consultant_Timelord

Consultant_Timelord Journeyman

Yeah I think it was probably a past life, apparently I talked about past lives a lot when I was little, so I'm not ruling reincarnation out.

4. CoffeeFlower

CoffeeFlower Apprentice

Yes this is a fair dream and a good base for a novel, though firghtening it seems to be one of those motivating experiences that make us write

Sheilawisz likes this.
  5. CoffeeFlower

CoffeeFlower Apprentice

this is a frightening one but a good base for a novel, sorry for the duplicated content, I´m afraid I posted the previous one in the wrong space

6. CoffeeFlower

CoffeeFlower Apprentice

7. CoffeeFlower

CoffeeFlower Apprentice

Hi from down here, first of all thanks to you all for being here and second...here you are a recent dream I had. It gave me a character that has enriched my stories.

In my dream I was talking with my mom at the dinning room, she told me something about death and life I can remember, then I see a mom and her daughter, they look like old school anime, very Japanese and stylish, I tell the daughter why flying and she tells me why not. She and her mother then grab each other´s hand and they fly following a winged creature I didn´t recognize but I guess it was a butterfly. then I got back to my room and I´m in my bed. The character gets down thru a skylight just close to my bed. This character is half hominin half frog and he´s wearing a tuxedo and top hat and he has some sort of a gauntlet in his left hand, it is clearly a weapon. he has some sort of a hovering ball in his right hand, He says nothing but it´s firghtening somehow, then I woke up and found this character is the perfect baddie to my world building project. I named him El Tasador de Cristales and you will soon know a bit more about him as depicted in my world building project

Sheilawisz likes this.
  8. Laurence

Laurence Mystagogue

My dreams nearly always follow the theme of some kind of endless drudging battle - usually protecting someone. As I can't punch or use weapons in dreams it's often a case of lifting up and slamming those terrors against the floor over and over for eternity.

When I was a kid I used to try to wake up as soon as possible. I'd have to kill myself (usually by drowning) to do so, but now I just get on with it.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Sheilawisz likes this.
  9. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Staff Moderator

Hello CoffeeFlower and Welcome to the Dreamscape! I am sorry for my very late answer, it's just that I am not as active anymore in this site as I used to be. Also, I have been concentrating my limited keyboard time on writing certain story of mine. Your dream sounds very Fantasy-style, and that villainous character is dark and intriguing.

Are you a Spanish speaker? That's my native language, you know! =)

In my dreams, I have killed myself many times and that always results in my transformation into some kind of ghost. Also, in dreams I often use various kinds of weapons and killing people is pretty normal and enjoyable for me in my dream worlds.

What you experience sounds as a type of dream lucidity, I mean that you somehow know that you are dreaming and you kill yourself in order to wake up. Why drowning? When I commit suicide in dreams, it's often by jumping off a cliff or something like that. Do you swim into a lake or the sea and intentionally dive deep in order to get drowned?

In my personal experience, lucidity and nightmares are not compatible.

10. Laurence

Laurence Mystagogue

Woo woo! Yeah I've nearly always had a bit of awareness at least once a night - the dreams I remember in the morning anyway. I can't imagine why drowning. It typically involves lying on my back just under the surface of shallow water and often the 'bad guys' manage to drag me out before I wake up. I wouldn't consider these nightmares - I've done it a million times and removed the scare factor. They're more than endless, tiring thrillers now, though they're sometimes pretty sad if I'm protecting someone else.

Sheilawisz likes this.