• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Time to say Hello!

Letharg

Troubadour
Hello all of you amazing writers, future writers or just fantasy interested people!

I've been putting this of for a while, actually I registered ages ago but for a while now my education has taken far to much time for comfort and I have not had the time to write and even less for hanging out on forums.

Oh well some sort of introduction is expected I guess. Well I'm an 21 years old man that lives and was born in Sweden. For the moment I'm studying to become a Master of Science in Engineering (sounds way more fancy then it actually is) and in my spare time I like to work out and of course write.

At this particular time I write both in Swedish and English though I vastly prefer English for writing fantasy as it's much easier to paint up scenes in English in my opinion. My Swedish short stories are often dark reality portrayals that deals with broken people in the real world.

I will try to contribute to this forum and I'm looking forward to get to know all of you!

//Letharg

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Letharg
This is a good place to learn and share.
Leap on in when you have half a mind.
I can barely write in English [my first and only language] so I doff my hat to anyone who can write in more than one...

SeverinR

Vala
Hello, welcome.

I can survive in the street in several languages, German(lived 2 yrs), Spainish(3 yrs school), and ventured into the bowels of Greece alone(survived 1yr),
I am fluent in none, and can write some in spanish.

I can't imagine picking a second language over my primary and feeling more comfortable. I know if you learn language early on, they probably would seem natural also. (USA schools offer foriegn language way to late.)

Pull up a subject and get into it. We welcome your input and questions.

Letharg

Troubadour
Thanks everyone! As for writing in to languages it feels kind of natural to me as I learned English very early in life but I do write better in Swedish as it is my primary language. I just find it entertaining to write in both and training do bring proficiency (eventually I hope).

Though I must say I'm writing my first novel in Swedish but most of my short-stories are written in English.