• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Toeing the Water

Got pointed to this website by a Fluffypoodel. I've had little birdies telling me things but never a fluffy poodle so we'll see how this goes. ;)
I've been writing fantasy for just over a year now, before that I spent six years writing without knowing that there was a genre for my subject. I've got three completed novels, but am not published yet.
My aspiration for my writing is that my books make it to libraries. I love reading, I love reading fantasy, and I want to put some good fantasy novels out there for other people like me. (aka: can't afford to buy the books but haunts the library)
I also love dragons (they sneak into most of my books), superpowers, magical creatures, and changelings.
I'm from the United States, born in South Carolina, like sweet tea but don't say 'ya'll'.
Hello to everybody, be you wizard, dark lord, or better yet dragon.

Chilari

Staff
You're gonna love our head honcho if you're a dragon fan.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes. Always good to see a library fan. Fantastic institution.

ALB2012

Maester
Hi:)

Dragons are very cool. I have a few of them in the house:) As yet I don't have any my novels but they may turn up. If not when i am done with this project I have a vague idea which might come to fruition:)

Have you thought about publishing on Amazon for Kindle- its free and you get a percentage of the royalties.
I look at it this way, if you are writing for fun, because you enjoy it then you don't have much to lose. If people like your books, and I am sure they will then they can buy them and tell their friends.

I think there are a number of option

ALB

Just drive for the gap in the trees, off the road.” Archos yelled .

Olek looked around, “Gap? What gap? Oh gods if it was any man but you I would think you mad. I hope you have Power enough left for this.”
The Light Beyond the Storm
The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles- Book 1 eBook: Alexandra Butcher, Diana Wicker: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
Amazon.com: The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles- Book 1 eBook: Alexandra Butcher, Diana Wicker: Kindle Store

Last edited:
Welcome fellow Dragon lover. Hope you like it here, I sure do. I am also from the South, and I do say y'all, but rarely write it.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Hey Elliot! Glad to see that you made it on here! :D Did you manage to bust out those last few words to make it to 50,000?!?!

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
That's all that matters and good luck with the editing! I have been working on the book that I am writing since last November and I estimated it to be about 80,000 words. now that I'm at a 100,000 I'm not sure how long it will be. Can't wait for that feeling of being done with writing and moving on to editing.

Jess A

Archmage
Welcome! I love dragons too. They are so versatile and one can be incredibly creative with an old concept when it comes to dragons. Changelings are fun, too.

Three novels! Well done. I am impressed. I am still struggling with my first.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.