1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Trying to find old Video Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Androxine Vortex, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Androxine Vortex

Androxine Vortex Archmage

I can't remember the name but you could choose between a boy and a girl and set out on a quest and could use monsters on your team. The graphics look exactly like that of Dragon quest series and Dragonball Z. I used to have the strategy guide and it had a blue slime on the front. The game started with this purple creature plugging up some magical hole. Anyone know what game i am talking about?

2. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

Based on the first sentence I was gonna say Pokemon, but I got no idea about the rest.

3. Ophiucha

Ophiucha Auror

Hmm, tough one. My guess is it was a Dragon Quest Monsters game, maybe 2?, which is a side series to Dragon Quest. I haven't played any of them myself, so I don't know if any start with a purple creature plugging a hole, but it does have you training monsters to use in your party and at least a few of them have male and female protagonists to choose from.

Blue Dragon is another possibility. It has the same artist (Akira Toriyama) and I remember purple creatures of some sort being in the story. Don't think you could play a girl, though.

4. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

Do you remember what system it was on?