• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Twine For Interactive Story Telling

Hello everyone!

I have been toying around with the idea of making an interactive fantasy story but finding software has been difficult. Maybe I am not looking hard enough but so far the only software I have found is twine specifically.

Has anybody here tried to make an interactive story? If so did you use Twine or something else? What was your experience like? Are there any resources you could share whether it is Youtube videos of the subject, software alternatives that may work better, or blogs about this sort of thing?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I have not done any of that, and never heard of twine.

I thought it might be fun to do a Choose-your-own adventure type story. For which, I always thought I would use a spread sheet to keep track of when page connected to which, but nothing beyond that.

Interactive fiction to me is an RPG.

CrystalD

Scribe
I've heard of Twine and looked into it, and it seems like the best place to build an interactive story. Ren'py is a visual novel making tool, and I've coded in that before trying to make a text only game, but it was harder to use it for that purpose. It may be worth looking into for you though, but for a purely text venue it's my understanding Twine is the most streamlined for it.