• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Visuals

I think a forum is needed where people can show any artwork they've possibly done for their novels. I understand that we are writers and not artists (trust me I have trouble with stick figures) but people may wish to get feedback on a possible book cover they've created, a design for a fantasy weapon or object, a map of the world in your book, or even just a quick childish sketch of a character.
No one would be expecting great masterpieces, just something to convey how you have envisioned something yourself, because when someone just reads something you've written, what they see in their mind is often drastically different to how you pictured it.
Anyway, just a thought :)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
This is definitely something worth considering, at least for the future. This site is about fantasy storytelling, and stories are often told through artwork.

Chilari

Staff
I think this would be a great idea. I occasionally sketch stuff - characters, dragons, patterns. A pendant my main character might wear.

Thanks, I think so too. I actually have a quick map of my story's world designed in PhotoShop that I'd be happy to share if this idea was ever picked up :D

Kelise

Maester
I sometimes pick people I'd like to play my characters - a casting of sorts - and it's always fun to help each other with castings as well. My knowledge of models and actors is pretty atrocious.

Digital_Fey

Troubadour
Since I'm really more of a draw-er than a writer, I can only agree with Wanderer's suggestion. An art showcase on the forums could add a new dimension to the member's stories - fantasy is, after all, a genre renowned for it's flashy cover art^^;

Thanks Fey. I do think it should be the next thing considered for the site. If we get enough people to voice their approval, you never know ;)

Erm, again it would be your own designs and work so private would probably suit more people, but maybe the art could inspire potential members to the site who come across it, so public is also viable. I'm okay with either really, but I think most would say it should be private.