• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Vividus Connect: Creative Arts/Writing Forum

Sk8

Acolyte
Pertinent to fantasy? Certainly!

Vividus Connect is an overall creative forum focused on promoting the growth of creative individuals, but I'll save the pitch and direct you to helpful information you can find.

Vividus's creative sections are hidden from guests, however! Writing Discussion is available for your viewing eyes! Within Writing Discussion you can find some helpful bits of reading material for writers.

Now, we all know writing is a broad field, and these are generalized discussion topics on writing. Meaning? Helpful for fantasy writers. Within Writing Discussion you can find novel writing guides, a member's informational on their time in a writing workshop, and more. There's a resources page posted as well.

Free to view and browse as a guests, but something else fantasy writer's maybe interested in? Glad you asked, allo w me to tell you!

Two primary things: One, our Battle Literature area where members can challenge other members to one-on-one writing challenges. Themes are decided between members as is due date and word limit.

Fun, interactive and friendly competitive competition that helps members hone their skills and exercise their writing talents. Not to mention showcase their skills and even gain some literary-foruming fame!

And, secondly, our up coming AFB - All Forum Battle, this includes poetry and arts, but I'll focus on the short story competition aspect.

The AFB is a fun and engaging creative competition that is an expanded version of Battle Literature, but with actual stakes put in place for a chance to win forum-wide fame and prizes at the end. Competition will start June 25th, so be looking for it!

Lastly, I'll end with a note that our forum has a strong RPG Section - a text-based section with sturdy infrastructure of proper grammar and English, proving for another fun and engaging way for writers to hone and exercise their talents.

RPGs are excellent tools for exercising character building, depth, experimenting with killing off characters, practicing diffident styles of prose and more - so whether with this site or another, I strongly encourage writers to check out RPGs.

Note, a popular version of RPGs is fantasy, just to note.

So departing words? Vividus Connect is looking to expand its resources available to writers as well, therefore resource material will slowly be added to what we can provide writers.

Last note, a layout and description of the forum and its sections can be found here, Guide to Vivi - A Guide on How to Live at the Forums

Sk8

Acolyte
Thank you very much for the comment, I'd suggest to continue browsing for updated resource materials to be posted. I also forgot to mention in addition to the help threads and discussions, there are also interactive practices.

We've a 55 Word Story which helps writers learn the art of tell verses show, you can actually get a very powerful piece within a short amount of space:

It was happening - breathing into a paper bag wouldn‘t help, instead Seren grabbed her pack and rushed down the bus’ isle. The bus had slammed into a trolley, screams filled the air, combined with the sporadic ring of gunfire, their echoes humming cryptically together

But she wouldn’t become a victim of some damn zombie.

... consequently I've an OW in the works utilizing a cross of Japanese folklore and fantasy, I've just yet to fully dig into writing it, >_<

Continuing though, there is also the "Story Time Exercise" which is a more interactive version of a 55 word story, using 50-100 word continuations of an overall round robbin which can go anywhere dependent upon the next users post.

So, yes. We hope to keep building resources for writers, ^^