• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Weekly Write-Ins

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Just an idea. Let's see who's interested.

1. This group would promise to write a certain amount of hours each week. Each member would promise to commit those number of hours.

2. We get together on Mythic Chat at a scheduled time and discuss our efforts for the week.

3. We give each other short homework assignments, prompts, or other helpful advice. This is only used to supplement those of us without a current work in progress. Critique trades can be organized here, but aren't required.

4. We set the amount of hours for the next week.

5. Back to step 2.

6. Rinse and repeat.

Would anybody be interested in doing this? Think of it like promising miles for a marathon. If you promise 1 hour, you have to commit to that. This is for those of us who need to ration our free time to get writing in.

Since the Word Warrior group dried up, maybe this would be a good way to motivate getting a certain amount of writing done. But instead of aiming for words, you're aiming for time spent writing. Which is actually more important.

You can also use programs like Write or Die to help ration your time if needed!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
As I am going to do Camp NaNoWriMo this July, I'm in. I have quite a bit of preparation ahead of me before July...