• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Welcome to Night Vale

I've watched the first 6 episodes so far and I'm addicted. This is my new favorite thing and I'm trying to convert everyone i know to it.

if you don't know what WTNV is, it's a podcast in the form of a fictional radio show chronicling the strange happenings in an isolated Southwestern U.S town called Night Vale. I have no idea how to explain it, but basically all conspiracy theories are true and surreal and supernatural things are always happening. Everything is bizarre and no one acknowledges it as such. There are hooded figures hovering in the dog park, a glow cloud is dropping dead animals on the town, and Wednesday has been cancelled due to a scheduling error. Voting season has come around and you have to be sure to vote correctly so you'll see your loved ones again. The hovering cat in the men's bathroom is the new studio pet. I'm not sure how better to sell this.

There's like 100+ episodes.

Someone join me in listening!!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
It is addictive and usually very funny. It is my go-to when I'm travelling. Trying to explain to a customs official what WtNV is... that can be tricky...
I heard there are plans to make WtNV TV shows... Not sure how that will work.
Just be on the lookout for those black helicopters!

I've seen the NV-logo around and thought it was some kind of anime or something! Thank you for explaining it was nothing of the sort. It's really addictive and so funny! Already in love with Carlos, of course. As one should be. :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I've seen ads for a live show they do, but I don't know quite what that's like, probably just reading the "news" to a live audience.
I've not been to a WtNV live show, but I've been to recordings of BBC Radio shows and they are a lot more than reading a script. There are props, effects and lots of playing to the audience. There is usually a lot of stuff that doesn't make it in to the final show. I guess WtNV would be something similar only weirder. Much, much weirder...

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Stop now. Just walk away. Go see a movie. Go visit friends. See a therapist. Do your own creating and make something new. This will still be there when you get back.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Read the second of the 'Night Vale' novels yesterday. Because it's disconnected from the plot and most of the story....

...well, 'Wizard of Oz' is apparently very different in that universe.

Ends with Dorothy firebombing Kansas from a war balloon, tearfully exclaiming something along the lines of 'if you destroy it, then you don't have to go home again.' Mentioned is a diorama in which her relatives flee from the wreckage of their house.

Read that and immediately thought of DotA's masterpiece.

Read the second of the 'Night Vale' novels yesterday. Because it's disconnected from the plot and most of the story....

...well, 'Wizard of Oz' is apparently very different in that universe.

Ends with Dorothy firebombing Kansas from a war balloon, tearfully exclaiming something along the lines of 'if you destroy it, then you don't have to go home again.' Mentioned is a diorama in which her relatives flee from the wreckage of their house.

Read that and immediately thought of DotA's masterpiece.

My what?