• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Well hello there stranger

kennyc

Inkling
I'm Kenny and guess what, I'm a writer....well a re-born writer. I was very serious about it some 20 years ago but and looking to re-kindle the phoenix and get it rocking again.

I've continued to write poetry all along, but have not done much with fiction or non-fiction for well over 10 years. I've spent the last month or so doing some reviewing of writing instruction, lots of reading as well. My favorite for is the short story and almost any genre but don't care much for horror. Love mainstream and SFF.

Also am looking to do some essay and nonfiction article writing.

M.A.N.

Scribe
Hi Kenny
and welcome.
I'm new to this forum as well.
I haven't done any writing as such ever, but been trying to. Dabbling with it on and off. Come to think of it, I did start a sc-fi type of story forty years or so ago ...
Seriously, it's a dream, perhaps made bigger because of the book store that I own and run. What better reputation than "there's-that-book-store-guy-that-wrote-the-ever-so-popular-book-on-his-coffee-breaks"?

Nah, it probably won't happen.

I don't have coffee breaks. Coffee, yes. Breaks, no.

Take care,
Magnus

kennyc

Inkling
Thanks Guys. Not sure I ever totally lost it ... have been doing poetry all along... but have been doing a lot more reading the last couple of years since I got a few ebook readers and that got the ol' juices flowing I guess.

Plus I'm approaching "retirement" (though I'm not sure I can ever really retire due to lack of funds) and I really want to chase my dreams a bit more....leave something of worth behind when I go.... :)

Last edited: