• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What are you Reading Now?

Tom

Istar
I've always loved the city watch arc, as well the witches of Lancre books. Rincewind will always stand as my introduction to Discworld, however, so I have a lot of affection for his arc despite its flaws.

I have like eight different series for which I have read the first book and now need to read the second book.

My to-read list on Goodreads is now dangerously out of control.

I'm currently dragging myself painfully through Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone. I had my doubts that it would be as good as the amazing Six of Crows, but...I didn't think I would hate it this much! So disappointing. :(

^I felt the same about most, if not all YA series. Although, since I've pretty much been raised on Shakespeare, Dickens, any mythology books I could find, and innumerable other books, well...

C. A. Stanley

Minstrel
Currently reading Words of Radiance for the second time. Last summer I decided to try Brandon Sanderson's stuff, and ended up reading everything he'd written back-to-back. My plan is to read it all again a year on, and read it for educational purposes as well as enjoyment. I'm a big world building fan, and Sanderson is one to learn from imo. Also love his hard magic systems, particularly Surgebindings.

I know how this feels Dragon. Too many books, too little time.

Have you ever realized that there are so many books in the world, it's impossible to read them all in a lifetime, and suddenly become depressed?

Or calculated how many books you will read in your life if you continue reading at your current rate, and again become depressed?

I have.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Nope, not at all. What I find depressing is I will die before I get everything I want to write written, sort of the David Bowie story.

I don't feel the need to read, I feel the need to create.

Have you ever realized that there are so many books in the world, it's impossible to read them all in a lifetime, and suddenly become depressed?

Or calculated how many books you will read in your life if you continue reading at your current rate, and again become depressed?

I have.

^I, unfortunately or fortunately, read very fast and can remember whole passages of text. I read the second Stormlight book in about three days [1,000 pages].

I've read up to 450 pages in a day at times, when the book is really good, and when I have time. I'm something of a speed reader. However, my reading speed decreases drastically when the book im reading is boring. :p

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I don't count reading my own work as reading. I read books, but I'm far from obsessive, too much life out there. But then, I don't really find not getting all my books done all that depressing, just an occassional "drat it all". I prefer to just give a whistle when dangling from the crucifix. Cheer up Brian!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9Vzb6R_58

Aren't they kind of necessary to each other?

But I feel depressed about that too ^

C

Chessie

I'm reading Mail-Order Bride Westward Bound: Fortunes. It's pretty good. Adding a new author to my collection. :)

I'm rereading The Infernal Devices yet again. It's so markedly different from what I usually read, that I feel almost guilty reading it, never mind liking it, and so I tend to mock it or say that it's not well-written or whatever. :rolleyes: