• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Do you enjoy reading, or is it more like a chore?

Respond to the one you most agree with:

• As a child, I really enjoyed reading, and I still read for enjoyment

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • As a child, I really enjoyed reading, but as an adult I don't enjoy it

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • As a child, I disliked reading but I enjoy it now

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • As a child, I disliked reading, and I still dislike it now.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

pmmg

Myth Weaver
do you ever re-read books?
Only my own.

I think the only one I would re-read is Watership Down, cause it was good :) And...you know the bible, or text books or such.

I feel too much been there, done that. I am ready for the next one.

Most of what I read is more like homework anyway. I read most of the stuff that gets posted here, or published by people here. I read the stuff that you have to read to be in the fantasy conversation. And I have started to compile my own list of classic books that I intend to read. But...I don't like reading, and almost never do it for fun.

Only my own.

I think the only one I would re-read is Watership Down, cause it was good :) And...you know the bible, or text books or such.

I feel too much been there, done that. I am ready for the next one.

Most of what I read is more like homework anyway. I read most of the stuff that gets posted here, or published by people here. I read the stuff that you have to read to be in the fantasy conversation. And I have started to compile my own list of classic books that I intend to read. But...I don't like reading, and almost never do it for fun.
oh. I always read for fun. If you saw me IRL and I wasn’t holding a book, I’d be ashamed.

hammert

Acolyte
I have a question for all you readers out there:

In your adult life, have you actually ENJOYED reading? I've been sort of weirded out by my own shift from being an 'obligated' reader, to getting seriously into authors and their stories. I can't really pinpoint how or why it's happened. A recent YouTuber I watched says that adults have a way of leaving the act of reading behind for various factors including early childhood difficulties, studying for college, or just growing out of it. So, I wanted to get a general opinion for how others might feel about reading, either fiction or non-fiction. Feel free to respond to these questions in your own words or just click the poll.

How did YOU view reading as a child?

How do you experience reading as an adult? Do you feel obligated, or do you enjoy picking up books?
Love reading from childhood