• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What's your opinion on "Booktok"?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I see that complaint a lot. Many sites cancel and censor things and never explain why, or worse, to people who can demonstrate no rules violation. So Tik Tok is not alone in that. But...I extra don't trust them cause they are Chinese and China is not a friendly player.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
But...I extra don't trust them cause they are Chinese and China is not a friendly player.

Yeah, the China thing is valid. They won't admit it, but I've seen several big influencers talk about it, slightly in code. "These three videos had half a million views each, this one where I named a certain island only had a fraction of that..."

It might be my imagination, but sometimes it feels like they try to cover it by over-censoring, because the news feeds I follow on there all complain about how many of their videos get pulled.

Rexenm

Maester
I think X book is better than Y book, is a bad way to go. Especially when you are writing Z book. If X book precedes Y book, it is because of Z book, or A and B, is a pretty bad sentiment to set up. Especially when authors are as elusive and enigmatic as our once upon a time, or happily ever after. If producers of X and Y books, really want their Z haters to represent them, then they should at least realise that all books are Z books, anywho.