1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Who's Really Writing?

Discussion in 'Writing Discussions' started by blondie.k, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Heliotrope

Heliotrope Staff Article Team

I write the story. I am not one of those who believes that the stories are all floating around in the universe just waiting to be plucked like low hanging fruit. Just no. I have my own stories in my own head and they are different from the stories in any one else's head. I can't write Chessie's stories or Dem's stories. I write MY stories.

Chessie2 and A. E. Lowan like this.
  2. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Forum Mom Leadership

Sometimes I feel like I spend all of my time following these people around and madly scrambling to record their comings and goings like filling out an incident report. I know intellectually that it's my own subconscious coming up with these stories, but I have to admit that there is a certain mystique to the process. That writing isn't just art, it's magic.

blondie.k likes this.
  3. Darkfantasy

Darkfantasy Inkling

As long as the story gets completed I honestly don't think it matters. The story doesn't really write itself, you always are writing it and in control. It's just one your making pre-determined decision and on the other side your making choices in the moment. Your always in control, even why you feel you're not.

Chessie2 likes this.
  4. Helen

Helen Inkling

I write it. I'm in control. I tell it where to go. I'm the writer and author.