• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

You know you are a writer when...

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Outcast unclean! With the Thomas Covenant thread of days past, that felt appropriate, heh heh.

On a Mac, you hold down the key, and then magic happens... è é ê ë ě ẽ ē ė ę with nine options.

I started doing this... â, ê, î, ô, û in all my historical notes to remind myself of long vowels when trying to remember how I was pronouncing things.

I don't even know how to make that little symbol above the e.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
In principle, I dislike them both, heh heh. Trying to work on a Windows machine just makes me wanna break it, but then I recall a computer salesman wanting to break a Mac because he couldn't figure out a very simple thing... simple to a Mac user anyhow. "Dude, you should stick to selling Windows machines."

I've always been tempted to move to Linux, but, alas...
Well...I have a long list of reasons why I dislike Mac, so....

pmmg

Myth Weaver
My experience is most Mac users don't know how to use their machines. Many have them mostly for 'identity' purposes, and can barely make them function. Which to IT guys like me, is very annoying.

But, I am in Linux world now. I am slowly picking it up. Linux is much more command line. Kind of the opposite of Apple (though secretly, Mac is just Unix underneath).

I dont care, use what you like.

Heh, as a Mac user, I do admit to not knowing all that much about my computer. But the machine I use is still steaming on after over fourteen years and the one I had before chugged on for a full decade. I mostly have it for longevity and relative simplicity.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I will let you Mac users have it. I dont really wish to get into a windows/mac debate ;)

If its what you have and you like it, you win.

I win, because I don't have one

pmmg

Myth Weaver
You know you are a writer if word hippo and urban dictionary are websites you've visited.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I don't think Unix is a secret; it just got forgotten, LOL. It was funny: My IT Linux nuthead of a friend landed a job where they stuck him with a MacBook, but hey! They paid for it, so what the hell.

I only debate computer systems for fun because I really don't give a crap what anybody else uses. Whatever works, baby.

My experience is most Mac users don't know how to use their machines. Many have them mostly for 'identity' purposes, and can barely make them function. Which to IT guys like me, is very annoying.

But, I am in Linux world now. I am slowly picking it up. Linux is much more command line. Kind of the opposite of Apple (though secretly, Mac is just Unix underneath).

I dont care, use what you like.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I finally surrendered on my iMac which was somewhere over ten years old. I still open it up now and again to pull something off of it, and it reminds me why I bought a new computer, heh heh.

Somewhere I do have a Motorola "Mac" from that tiny period when Apple allowed such things. If that thing still runs it might be worth something to an oddball collector.

Heh, as a Mac user, I do admit to not knowing all that much about my computer. But the machine I use is still steaming on after over fourteen years and the one I had before chugged on for a full decade. I mostly have it for longevity and relative simplicity.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
You know your a writer when a holiday coming up just means you have an extra day to get more work done.