• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

You know you are a writer when...

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
You know you are a writer when you play lumberjack and find that you can't walk more than ten yards in the woods without climbing over at least one log. That goes into your next woodland scene.

You also know you are a writer when you fracture your wrist playing lumberjack in the woods and realize just how freaking long it will take to heal. That experience goes into the 'wounded character' arc.

My experience is most Mac users don't know how to use their machines. Many have them mostly for 'identity' purposes, and can barely make them function. Which to IT guys like me, is very annoying.

But, I am in Linux world now. I am slowly picking it up. Linux is much more command line. Kind of the opposite of Apple (though secretly, Mac is just Unix underneath).

I dont care, use what you like.
Linux is like a fantastic airport lounge with great service, no security queue, full online check-in, no baggage limit, but when you get to the plane you're handed a seat, four bolts and a socket wrench.

You know you're a writer when you've hunched over a keyboard so long you look like Quasimodo, but on seeing yourself in the mirror make a mental note of how to describe your appearance and wonder if willow bark will make you feel better.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
You know you are a fantasy writer when you struggle with whether or not to include a pronunciation guide for your work.

Diana Silver

Minstrel
You know you're a writer when your co-workers assume you must have had a bad case of food poisoning that kept you from sleep and you can't tell them it was really a new magical story arc coming to you at 4 in the night.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
You know you're a writer when your co-workers assume you must have had a bad case of food poisoning that kept you from sleep and you can't tell them it was really a new magical story arc coming to you at 4 in the night.
You know you are a writer when you know ppl like this. —not that this is anyone we know…

You know you're a writer when you were both thrilled and deeply annoyed that at the height of the popularity of the GOT show all the rednecks were talking about dragons instead of football.

You know your a writer when you can think of creative ideas or solutions for writing.
And when you use leadership with these creative ideas or solutions, you learn from yourself and also help others learn.