• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings my friends!!

Hello everyone. I am very happy to meet all of you. I am very excited to be surrounded by such talented writers. My name is CherubiKnighT, or you can call me by my first name...Darius. I have been writing a story for sometime now however my writing hasn't really been on a consistent bases. It is basically a mix of lack of motivation which is the effect of little confidence and well is basically the source of inexperience. I have done my best to create a rich and in depth fantasy universe. I am proud of my creation and at times hold high confidence of its basis. I feel with some time and a lot more concentrated effort it can be something special. And if I may I would like to put one of my chapters here for you to read if your interested. It is just a sample of my writing and I hope you enjoy.

BLACK DAWN
A dark lair of true evil is ever present in the Realm of Hell. The walls ARE made from skin of those who surrendered their souls to Satan and his minions. Death is the air, flowing with its black mass, suffocating and infecting all things living and bright. The Prince Of Darkness sat in his throne. His silhouette was shaped by the edges of his stone throne and the darkness that surrounded him. His eyes were bright red. This was by right the strongest, darkest, power existing in that realm. His eyes were only visible, everything else was hazy. Meaning his Aura created an Ascended barrier that could only be seen by other powers in range of his. He growls, its deep and echos throughout his chambers. Another great collection of Aura materializes and takes shape. First appearing is Ram horns on both sides of its head. Its face is like a bull with a giant piercing trough its nose. Around its neck it wore skulls of mortals it has slain. To an normal human the necklace would be to heavy, but these were Dark demons there was nothing above them. They were the top or the bottom. Most lower demons were human sized but Dark demons were the height of three men standing atop each other. His body was a dark black, muscular, and giant like his arms and legs. His hands and feet dinosaur like with great sharp claws, perfect for skinning mortals skin clean of their body. It also had a tail, it was thick tail. Some what reptile like and long. In his right hand he held a giant staff. A human head with its eyes and teeth missing was the top of the staff. The head had two miniature skulls beside it that were impaled into the staff. The staff was as big as the demon was; it was black and powerful judging by its thickness He turns to his master and bows before his presence.

“How, why, a mortal taunts and laughs at my power. Who is it that he claims he is? Me the son of Darkness, or perhaps HIM... The creator whose lost beckons and haunts me?... Mortals pain me with their “FREEWILL”.” Satan said.
“Who my master, who dishonors you. Speak thy name and i shall crash upon him like water upon stone.” Bale said.
“ The mortal, the self-proclaimed Demon King. Oh does he taunt everything that is me.” Satan said.
“Who master, WHO?” Bale said.
“Damein” Satan growled.
His growl was heard all around the room. It penetrated the walls and it carried though the realm of hell. Bale lowered himself submitting to his master pain and frustration, a sign of dominance through the ranks of the dark ring.
“Damein, the mortal who was taking prisoner of our troubled Zale, yes?” Bale said.
“ Zale has fallen to the mortal, fetch them. Fetch the mortal and the hideous demon Zale.!” Satan said.
“ Of-course my master, oh master , If they refuse I will shred their skin with my claws and they will crawl willingly to you my master.” Bale said.
“FETCH, Fetch them Bale!” Satan yelled.
“ THE DARKNESS WE CREPT!!” Bale roared.
A dark large hole appeared. Thunder sounded it side of it as lighting stuck out of it. There were screams that echoed inside of it from a distance, Bale walked inside of it and vanished, as did the dark hole. Satan and his darkness was left alone. He growled still and continued to.
“ The battle I have lost........ but mine, is the war and so are the realms.” Satan said.
His eyes glows a reddish yellow. Everything around him darkened to the point where is eyes were they only visible object inside the room. Than his eyes vanished as well. But the growl was everywhere. And there it stay.

I really hope you like my very inexperienced writing as well as its grammar errors lol. Thank you all. Hope to see you around.

Saigonnus

Auror
Welcome to the forums, don't hesitate to jump right in and ask for help with whatever you need. Your work is certainly dark; not something i'd expect of a cherub.

Sinitar

Minstrel
I'm your friend already? Then you surely like big cats! Welcome aboard Darius. The problems you're fighting with have plagued the writers since pen and paper were invented. We've all been there(and some of us still are; 'Raises a guilty hand). If you have faith in your work, I'm sure you'll pull it through.

I can't read the sample you posted at the moment because it's 3 AM here, but I'll certainly do so tomorrow. Just make sure to post in the Writing questions section whenever you need a tip or two.

Thanks guys, and yes my writing is dark but as any thing in life there is an opposite/equal. Good and evil are front and back of the same card.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Hey there, friend I didn't know I had :)

Here's a bit of feedback on your sample, in the spirit of helping you improve what you already have.
The main thing that stuck out to me was how you mix present and past tense. You start out describing things as the are, and then when you get to Satan, you switch to the past (He sat). You switch a few times later on too.
Next thing was how you seemed to not be clear on the fact if Bale was an 'it' or a 'he.'

Oh, and this one: "Give me thy name..." From the context I'd assume that Bale was asking for the name of the mortal, yes? The way it is here, he is asking for Satan's name :)

Ok, hope this helps :)

Welcome to the forums, and just keep at it. That's the most important part, really.