• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Finding the write publisher

aztech4eva

Acolyte
Friends,
I have completed my script and wish to get it published...sent it to a lot of publishers around the world and have got only rejection. Once I got a mail that they wish for my manuscript but soon they changed their minds saying they are currently not looking for fantasy and fiction.
Please suggest me some nice publishers or literary agents.

Weaver

Sage
It's not easy, I'll tell you that right up front. One thing that the Internet has given us -- aside from Twitter, which is wonderful for wasting time that should be spent writing -- is a way to have more up-to-date listings of publishers and agents. Used to be that writers had to depend on print editions of the Writer's Market Guides and such, and those could be inaccurate by the time they hit the bookstores. Now all we have to do is Google (or whatever your search engine of choice) "publisher" and "fantasy" and "submissions" to see who buys what, and if they're open to new authors. Do the same but substitute "agent" for "publisher" if you want to go that route. (Many publishers don't accept any unagented submissions.)

I have had a lot of trouble finding an agent for my book as it's Mythological Historical Fantasy, but they deem it too religious, even though it's about the Annunaki and Serpent Cult