• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

https://twitter.com/omgthatspunny/status/574688602233376768

for anyone interested in proper grammar.

B_m0PRmXEAEqHRA.png

That brings back my favorite WoW joke. "A guy walks up to me and says, 'I'm a tepee. I'm a wigwam. I'm a teepee. I'm a wigwam. I'm a teepee. I'm a wigwam.' I say, 'Relax man! You're two tents."

Why did they make the decision to open Jurassic Park to the public? We had three movies explaining why that was a terrible idea. Hammond himself said it was a terrible idea at the end of the first movie.

I woke up this morning to find an entire page in my WIP that I don't recall writing. And the weird thing is, it's totally consistent with the rest of my writing. I can literally say that writing is so easy I can do it in my sleep.

I woke up this morning to find an entire page in my WIP that I don't recall writing. And the weird thing is, it's totally consistent with the rest of my writing. I can literally say that writing is so easy I can do it in my sleep.

Tom

Istar
Family reunion season is coming up! Here's what happened at the last one.

My cousin from Georgia: Can't you speak slower?!

Me: Can't you speak faster?!

Annoyance with regional speech pattern variation is a mutual feeling, apparently!

Addison

Auror
I woke up ready to write! Smooth out some wrinkles in the revision, write a scene to fill in a gap.

What I accomplished today; cleaned the house, went on a nostalgic disney trip via youtube, watched psych, had dinner, did Mythic Scribe stuff, checked e-mail.

So a day full of procrastination. It's been a disease lately. :[

I woke up ready to write! Smooth out some wrinkles in the revision, write a scene to fill in a gap.

What I accomplished today; cleaned the house, went on a nostalgic disney trip via youtube, watched psych, had dinner, did Mythic Scribe stuff, checked e-mail.

So a day full of procrastination. It's been a disease lately. :[

In your defense, Psych is a funny show and I love it. From now on you can call me Brian TT Showbiz. The extra T is for extra talent.

Tom

Istar
The other day, a friend and I decided to recount some of the most shameful events of our childhoods. Great conversation topic, right? Anyway, I had the fortune (or would that be misfortune?) of having this gem of a story:

So I live near the Tonawanda Creek--it's right down the road. The summer I was ten, one of my cousins visited from out of state. He and I got along pretty well. One day, just for a laugh, I told him an old Seneca folktale about the Tonawanda Creek. Basically, the story goes that evil spirits live in the creek, and the only way to cross it is by canoe. If you try to swim across, the evil spirits will drown you. Obviously this legend was created by worried mothers who didn't want their kids playing in the creek's fast current. (Its name literally means "Swift Waters".)

So after that, we decided to go swimming in the creek. He was a little apprehensive about it, I could tell, even though he'd told me the legend was lame and he didn't care. Once we got in the water, I dived underwater and swam up behind him, then grabbed his ankles. I didn't pull him under--just gave him a little tug. He freaked out! He was out of the water in two seconds flat, I swear! I felt bad after I saw how upset he was (and after I got in major trouble for it).

My friend found the story hilarious, but I just sort of sat there cringing and feeling ashamed, even after all these years. Luckily my cousin's pretty forgiving, and we still talk about the "creek incident" at family reunions.

Man, I was a mean little sh*t back then.

I think the most overused and asinine phrase swimming around on the Internet is "WAKE UP PEOPLE" (or SHEEPLE whichever). Seriously, that is one sure-fired way to get me to stop reading your post or to argue against it out of principle. Several commentators were sing this exact phrase to explain why the legal system was wrong, why the country was falling apart, etc (This came after reading an article posted by Matt Walsh concerning a 19 year-old sleeping with a 14 year-old who represented that she was 17. Seriously that phrase is worse than useless it hurts your point. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!1!1!1!!11!!! ;)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Today a student asked me how to write a limerick, so I asked her to give me one minute to write one so I'd have something to analyze. Here's what I came up with in that minute.

Tomorrow's the last day of school
It's summer, now isn't that cool?
Tomorrow no work
Or your teacher's a jerk​
'Cause tomorrow, I'm outta here, fool!

Aspasia

Sage
Seems like I get a headache from computer time a lot faster while on break than when classes are on. I distinctly remember coding all day and having 0 problems, but after a few hours of light Internet / writing I can feel it coming. Unfair! I'm trying to write and all even. Looks like I'll need to get comfortable with handwriting again ...

I need some hobbies that don't depend on my eyes or my hands.