• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Howdy howdy

Hi all.

My name is Alexander Knight and I'm a new fantasy author. I've got one eBook available now and there's more to come. I look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with y'all. (Yes, I think y'all should be a real word).

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...so welcome to mythickscribes then human..." started the goblin cordially enough, then quickly turning to the matter in hand by saying "...look, please don't feel too alarmed by the fact that there are a few writertypes amongst us now, it's just that I suspect that admin felt sorry for them and to his or her better judgment let them stay here, no, they're alright in some potted plant stuck in front of a computer sort of way, but they do keep thinking that books are writing where post are not, yes, utter folly isn't it, when one soon sees that the author is exactly the some creature behind both their books and their posts too...", merely the goblin was pointing out that one's posts should be a foretaste of one's books)

Last edited:
Yes, it was self published. It was quite easy to do, actually. The eBook is called Princess of Prophecy and I've made it available via Amazon and Barnes & Noble and it'll be available in print later this month.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...ah but the trouble with introducing yourself on a forum is that if you then disappear straight after introducing your book too, the reader then gets to see your insincerity towards the forum here, and simply stereo types you into one of those post and run types who have no on-line presence to go with their works, where somewhat naturally then, they will forsake you for an author they can get hold off and converse with, or am I wrong I wonder..." replied the goblin looking forward to Alexander Knight's active involvement now, agreeing "...yes, the publish side is the easy bit, the PR takes skill though...")

Last edited:
I just downloaded the sample and read chapter 1. Not bad, some of the sentences were short and redundant, and it moved a bit quicker than I like.

Your descriptions are good, I really like the trolls, and the pegasus. Your cover art is also pretty good. Are you using createspace to bring the book to print?

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

("...ah but the trouble with introducing yourself on a forum is that if you then disappear straight after introducing your book

I agree. So I'll try not to do that. I've been a little slow to respond lately because I just got back home (been in Denver for 7 months for cancer treatment) but I'm home now so things so start running smoothly.
Yes, the PR side is something I know absolutely nothing about, but I'm learning...

I just downloaded the sample and read chapter 1. Not bad, some of the sentences were short and redundant, and it moved a bit quicker than I like.

Your descriptions are good, I really like the trolls, and the pegasus. Your cover art is also pretty good. Are you using createspace to bring the book to print?

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

Thanks for the feedback, Sashamerideth.
The short sentences were intentional to present a quick pace. The redundant ones were not. Sorry about that.
Yes, I'm using CreateSpace for the print version of the book. They been fairly good to work with so far. A little slow for what they're doing, but not bad overall.