• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Got the boy a set of little kid golf clubs that should last him a few years. Kid loves to hit the ball but the toy plastic ones we have are for righties and he's a lefty. I'm excited. And in a couple of years it'll be me and him on the course. For now I teach him the fundamentals I. The back yard.

Got the boy a set of little kid golf clubs that should last him a few years. Kid loves to hit the ball but the toy plastic ones we have are for righties and he's a lefty. I'm excited. And in a couple of years it'll be me and him on the course. For now I teach him the fundamentals I. The back yard.

No, baseball is the way to go...
Lol congrats though.

Tom

Istar
Hey guys! It's been a few weeks, but here I am. School just got the better of me for a while. But now that I no longer have a week-late art piece to finish and submit, I think I'm good!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Hi Ireth! How's it going? I see you and Nim have a new character interview going--it's really good so far. :)

It's going alright! I'm between revisions of my novel at the moment and waiting on feedback, so RPs are a nice way to fill the space. I'm really liking this one with Nim. ^^

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
Revisions? Excellent! It's always great to get past the actual writing, because then you get to sit back and give it a closer look and decide what you want to change.

RPs are an awesome way to kill time, I agree. I've been really busy lately and haven't had the chance to participate in any, but I'd like to start up a new character Q&A maybe this weekend. I could use a little brushing up on characterization for my main antagonist, and maybe the secondary antagonists as well.

Nimue

Auror
Tommmm! :D How's college goin'?

I've no excuse not to be drafting, but I got bit by the rp bug nevertheless. I'm enjoying our thread already, Ireth, and the chance to dabble in portals & awful omniscient descriptions, hehe. It limbers up my writing brain!

Tom

Istar
Hey Nim! College is going great, except for just one class. You know, there always has to be one. It's a graphic design course, something I really enjoy, but the professor and certain classmates manage to make it terrible. But my other classes are awesome! I absolutely love my quirky, irreverent, profane art history professor--but then, I always love history courses and their teachers.

We should try revamping the rp with Sae and Tom, I really enjoyed that one. My story canon has changed completely, so it would be a great chance to see how the new elements worked in a narrative. Tom hasn't changed at all, however. He'll always be the same, lol.

Nimue

Auror
I have to admit I'm like 200% jealous that you're taking so many art & art history classes! I should've wedged in more, it's not like I'm using my psych major now anyway ;)

Oh man, dude, I would like that... I've reworked Sae completely as well (including her name, probably?) and fairly recently come up with a reshaped world and plot line for her and Farrun...who I am just being very mean to, the poor man doesn't deserve it. But I must have my Drama.

Anyway, that whole story concept is still very vague, and it would be a lot of fun to throw that character into something and see what she makes of it. When you find the time, hit me up?

Tom

Istar
Awesome! Yeah, it's really exciting having so many art courses this semester! I kind of miss my lit and history professors though, and I'm trying to find an excuse to take more classes with them this spring, haha.

I'm down for an rp, definitely! Meeting the new Sae should be exciting. Tom might be the same character, but his setting has been completely revamped and there are a lot of new elements to play around with.

Poor Farrun! God, we writers are cruel to our characters. For instance, I just realized recently that I gave Miekkhal what is essentially the fantasy version of Anakin Skywalker's backstory, minus the traumatic limb loss. No wonder he's my angriest character.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Acephobia and hate on the internet makes me seriously angry. We are part of the LGBTQ+ spectrum, dangitall. Some people just cannot seem to accept that.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
I agree, Ireth. The recent developments in ace "discourse" are frankly disturbing. They remind me of the efforts that were taken to deny inclusion to bisexual individuals mere decades ago, and trans individuals in more recent times. It's sad that even a group meant to provide inclusion for people excluded from the mainstream can behave in such an exclusionary manner.

That's it. After several weeks of tomorrows creeping in that petty pace fro m day to day I have gotten my results back and I have passed the bar. Now to shell out some cash and take an oath and I will have achieved my first career dream of being an attorney.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
W.P. Kinsella, author of Shoeless Joe (Which became "Feild of Dreams") lived and wrote in my hometown in British Columbia. I recently saw him speak at our tiny public library.

He passed away today aged 81.

RIP Kinsella.