• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Broke my hand yesterday. It is apparently broken in the worst possible place, according to the doctor.

Because it is broken right at the place where the veins and nerves enter the hand, it hurts like hell. Feels like someone smashed my hand with a boulder and set it on fire afterwards.

At least I can type, although typing with the right hand is... weird.

Reactions: Tom

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you Ireth.

I suppose I at the very least have no excuse not to sit down and write for the next 2 months now.

Broke my hand yesterday. It is apparently broken in the worst possible place, according to the doctor.

Because it is broken right at the place where the veins and nerves enter the hand, it hurts like hell. Feels like someone smashed my hand with a boulder and set it on fire afterwards.

At least I can type, although typing with the right hand is... weird.

Dang! How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking. Hope all goes well in the healing process.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Dang! How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking. Hope all goes well in the healing process.

Thank you Saltydog.

I fell off my bike... and there might have been some alcohol involved.

Edit: I feel like I'm in a cheap soap opera, because my guinea pig just passed away as well. Poor little guy had been sick a month before, so I'm glad he made it this long, but it's still sad when they go.

Last edited:
Thank you Saltydog.

Edit: I feel like I'm in a cheap soap opera, because my guinea pig just passed away as well. Poor little guy had been sick a month before, so I'm glad he made it this long, but it's still sad when they go.

Ah, well sorry for that and your guinea pig. I understand getting attached to little guys like him, I was distraught when my first bearded dragon passed away, lol.

Reactions: Ban
So because I am an idiot I accidentally doubled the cake recipe for my kid's B-Day. So we made a full ball and head BB-8 cake. Since it was a ball we attached his candles to a stick and had them sticking out of the cake like in the BB-8 thumbs up scene. It took ten hours to complete and a nervous car ride to the grandparent's to celebrate but it sure was fun!

C

Chessie

Dude...that's why they say not to drink and drive. :p I had a similar incident in the past when I lived in downtown Anchorage, which is very easy to get around on a bike (towns in Alaska are spread out so this isn't the norm). Went out drinking and rode my bike on a summer evening and crashed into a stop sign on the way home. My bike slid into the intersection but I was able to grab a hold of the stop sign before a car hit me.

Yeah. I don't drink alcohol anymore.

That's fantastic! I bet the kids loved it!

Oh, they certainly did. My kid was very proud of it. As soon as we walked in he told his grandpa to look at the BB-8 cake. Still, it was a lot of work and I cursed my own name every few minutes. But it was so worth it. And it was delicious too! Cream cheese frosting FTW.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Dude...that's why they say not to drink and drive. :p I had a similar incident in the past when I lived in downtown Anchorage, which is very easy to get around on a bike (towns in Alaska are spread out so this isn't the norm). Went out drinking and rode my bike on a summer evening and crashed into a stop sign on the way home. My bike slid into the intersection but I was able to grab a hold of the stop sign before a car hit me.

Yeah. I don't drink alcohol anymore.

Jeez, that must have been scary. Mine wasn't as exciting. The chain was tangled up somehow and I fell after only a few meters. Turns out even dutch people can't ride bikes with their brain and their chain messed up.

...That probably did not sound as clever as it did in my head. :)
Well anyway, lesson learned.

C

Chessie

^My life on alcohol was a disaster. I look back to many times I did stupid crap and wonder how on Earth I survived. Once I was run over by an ATV while partying because I was too drunk to realize that I was standing in the way and no one else got to me in time. So glad those years are over for me!

^My life on alcohol was a disaster. I look back to many times I did stupid crap and wonder how on Earth I survived. Once I was run over by an ATV while partying because I was too drunk to realize that I was standing in the way and no one else got to me in time. So glad those years are over for me!

good to hear you were able to pull out.

Saigonnus

Auror
Currently dealing with a minor attack of My Writing Is Crap Disorder...

Guess it happens to everyone.

Sounds like me from time to time. I think my problem stems from being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my writing. Perhaps the same with you.

I constantly have to tell myself "the first draft of anything is shit." To get through it, and of course, try not to be so hard on myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk