• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anybody care to share their map?

@MichaelSullivan: That's a very stylish map, though it's a little hard to read in places. Is the climate cold and the map white due to ice and snow, or is it just the style of map?

Thanks, I agree it is getting hard to read because I have "dinked" with it so many time with various resolutions etc. One day I need to strop off all the towns and rebuild it from the bottom up but I just don't have any cycles to devote to it.

The color does not indicate climate. Elan is similar to earth in that it has 4 seasons an it mirrors that of the Northn Hempishere - in other words Winter is cold and it snows, Spring is warm, etc, etc.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
The color does not indicate climate. Elan is similar to earth in that it has 4 seasons an it mirrors that of the Northn Hempishere - in other words Winter is cold and it snows, Spring is warm, etc, etc.

I guessed so.

And as for the software, no matter what it was actually created in, it's entirely achievable in Photoshop (or something similar). I can't imagine any cartography software having the flexibility to pull that off, but I could be wrong.

Thalian

Scribe
Hopefully someday soon I will "finally" finish my world map. What once started as one piece of scrap paper has turned into 10+ pages, all of which is pretty detailed. Maybe I will post a pic of a section of my work, it is hand drawn as that is what I prefer (I'm not a fan of digitally rendered maps, but that's a matter of personal taste).

Ophiucha

Auror
j9pph1.png

So this happened... I was messing with difference clouds. No further explanation.

Last edited:

Cinder

Scribe
Thanks guys!

I have a whole folder of maps I've created over the years, but that's the most artistic. The rest are hastily drawn on paper, or badly computer-made. I don't usually make them stylish until people need to see them.

I looked through the pages of the thread - some put me to shame!

Kenny_K75

Acolyte
Pen and ink

I just drew mine out the old way with pen and ink.... will post to the thread soon but only completed it yesterday...

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I quite like that. It's very straight forward. Not sure about the colour of the sea, but I guess that doesn't matter too much.

I've started work on yet another map. I've only posted one so far, but that was the third version, and it changes drastically each time.