• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Can you beat the new Bing AI?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I know, after all the times I went to the shore and threw food to her, she still prefers him :(

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Prompt: Write a sonnet about a love between an Dutchman and an English woman that is told in both the Dutch and English languages:

Ik ben een man uit Nederland, zo klein
I am a man from Holland, so small
Jij bent een vrouw uit Engeland, zo groot
You are a woman from England, so tall
Wij zijn zo anders, maar wij delen rood
We are so different, but we share red

Rood is de kleur van liefde en van bloed
Red is the color of love and of blood
Rood is de kleur die ons verbindt en boeit
Red is the color that binds us and charms us
Rood is de kleur die ons hart sneller doet
Red is the color that makes our heart faster

Maar rood is ook de kleur van pijn en strijd
But red is also the color of pain and fight
Rood is de kleur die ons soms scheidt en lijdt
Red is the color that sometimes separates us and hurts us
Rood is de kleur die ons uitdaagt en spijt
Red is the color that challenges us and regrets us

Toch blijven wij elkaar trouw en bemind
Yet we remain faithful and beloved to each other
Want rood is ook de kleur die ons verblindt
For red is also the color that blinds us

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Hmm...

• I'm a bit cranky at the moment. You wrote your book, right?

It's a process of love, sweat, tears, and perseverance.

And NOW... machines are writing books? I've had dozens of book promotions submitted for books obviously written by A.I. tools.

Today's was from an "author" with over twenty books that had each been published about two weeks apart with only one review on any of the books - a one-star rating.

Of course, this %#*&^% submitted a dozen books. Not only does it waste my time, it also just annoys me.

So, I'm celebrating those of us who wrote a book for real. We ROCK!

And yes, I'm bringing back the MONKEY LOVE for a few days!!!

Use this code to get 50% off any GOLD book promotion package. Use it now, because the code gets turned off on Thursday.​
    MONKEYLOVE50​
    Get that book promotion scheduled here:

https://bestbookmonkey.com/promo-packages/
    To use this discount code:
    • Visit https://bestbookmonkey.com/promo-packages/
    • Select your GOLD promotional package and fill out the form
    • After you click submit, you'll be presented with a payment page. Simply insert MONKEYLOVE50 into the "Coupon Code" field, and the discount will be applied.
    mail
    Shea Oliver
    Chief Monkey Herder
    BestBookMonkey.com
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    mail

Sent to: [email protected]

Unsubscribe

Colorado Sky Media, LLC, 1067 South Hover Street, Suite E-179, Longmont, CO 80501, United States

• Reply All
  • or
  • Forward
Send

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Prompt: Write a synopsis of a Xianxia story.

Li Feng is a young cultivator who dreams of becoming an immortal and exploring the vast and mysterious world. He lives in a small and remote sect, where he is bullied and oppressed by his peers and elders. He has no talent, no resources, and no hope.

One day, he stumbles upon a hidden cave, where he finds a mysterious jade pendant. The pendant contains the soul of an ancient immortal, who was once a powerful and revered figure in the cultivation world. The immortal, named Bai Yu, decides to take Li Feng as his disciple, and teach him the secrets of cultivation and the history of the world.

With Bai Yu's guidance, Li Feng begins to improve his cultivation and his confidence. He also learns that the world is not as simple and peaceful as he thought, and that there are many hidden dangers and enemies lurking in the shadows. He also discovers that he has a special destiny, and that he is connected to a prophecy that foretells the rise and fall of the world.

Li Feng embarks on a journey of adventure and growth, where he will face many trials and tribulations, make many friends and foes, and uncover many secrets and mysteries. He will also encounter many beauties and romances, and experience many joys and sorrows. He will eventually become a legendary figure in the cultivation world, and change the fate of the world.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
We discussed something very close to this here years ago. My post back then was along the lines of -

'So what do we do when 'Top Fantasy Novel' written by 'A Computer' hits the shelves?'
I think this in inevitable.

One thing AI can do that we cannot, is A/B test. With data analytics, it will find what people respond to most, and hit the target every time. It will happen that the AI produces the best book, best song, best work of art all at the same time.

Its not much different than chess computers. Not only has a computer been invented that no human can beat, but a computer has been invented that that computer cant beat.

Maybe our best course, and make it think we are the all knowing creators and set on in a distant planet to ponder what it all meant.

I'd say we are doomed, but maybe we will adapt. If we become cyborgs, the AI will just be part of who we are, and it wont know how we are different than it.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat

Don't hate me....

Prompt: Write an advertisement for a fantasy novel promoting the fact that it wasn’t written with the help of AI

Are you tired of reading fantasy novels that are written with the help of AI? Do you want to read a fantasy novel that is original, creative, and authentic? Do you want to read a fantasy novel that is written by a human, for humans?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should check out The Dragon's Flame, a new fantasy novel by John Smith. The Dragon's Flame is a fantasy novel that is written entirely by John Smith, without any AI assistance or interference. John Smith is a human author who has a passion for fantasy and a talent for storytelling. He has spent years crafting and polishing his fantasy novel, and he is proud to share it with you.

The Dragon's Flame is a fantasy novel that tells the story of Alex, a young man who discovers that he has a rare and powerful gift: the ability to control fire. He joins a group of rebels who are fighting against a tyrannical empire that oppresses and enslaves people with magical abilities. Along the way, he meets a mysterious and beautiful girl who has a secret of her own: she is a dragon in human form. Together, they face many dangers and enemies, and discover a hidden truth that could change the world.

The Dragon's Flame is a fantasy novel that is full of action, adventure, romance, and magic. It is a fantasy novel that will keep you hooked from the first page to the last. It is a fantasy novel that is written by a human, for humans.

Don't miss this opportunity to read a fantasy novel that is written without the help of AI. Order your copy of The Dragon's Flame today, and enjoy a fantasy novel that is original, creative, and authentic.

There's a YouTube channel now where the owner interviews various famous streamers and other individuals—all of them, AI versions of the guests. It's hilarious.

Today's guest was AI Elon Musk who basically said the only way humans will be able to compete with AIs is through neurolinking (his company) so that humans essentially become somewhat AI.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Anyway...AI will probably be like everything else. It will have both good and bad, and we will have to sift through it.

I just hope I get my book out and it matters, cause I am not sure how to stand out against AI stuff. And I fear it will just make it all a futile effort. Maybe not.

Maybe it will just open up a lot of stuff we'd not had access to before, and the benefit will be astounding.

Guess We'll see.

I will be writing a new scene tonight regardless. (I wonder if AI could mean I wont need an editor or a cover artist? Or even a marketing plan?)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Not sure this one worked out too well....

Prompt: Write a lasagna recipe that could have been made in ancient Rome

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of minced lamb or beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of red wine (optional)
- 12 sheets of fresh or dried lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of grated pecorino cheese

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat and transfer the meat to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir in the tomato sauce and wine, if using, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, and eggs. Mix well and set aside.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 4 sheets of lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping slightly. Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the pecorino cheese over the ricotta. Spoon half of the meat mixture over the cheese, spreading evenly. Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, cheese, and meat. Top with the remaining noodles and sauce, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake the lasagna for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
There's a YouTube channel now where the owner interviews various famous streamers and other individuals—all of them, AI versions of the guests. It's hilarious.

Today's guest was AI Elon Musk who basically said the only way humans will be able to compete with AIs is through neurolinking (his company) so that humans essentially become somewhat AI.
That sounds interesting. Can you share a link?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Not sure this one worked out too well....

Prompt: Write a lasagna recipe that could have been made in ancient Rome

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of minced lamb or beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of red wine (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of grated pecorino cheese

Directions:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat and transfer the meat to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir in the tomato sauce and wine, if using, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, and eggs. Mix well and set aside.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 4 sheets of lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping slightly. Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the pecorino cheese over the ricotta. Spoon half of the meat mixture over the cheese, spreading evenly. Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, cheese, and meat. Top with the remaining noodles and sauce, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake the lasagna for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Hallelujah! The AI has not yet reached its final form. It can still be humbled. It has not yet at the point where it can read "ancient Rome" and use ingredients restricted to the era before the Columbian exchange.

That sounds interesting. Can you share a link?

Here's the one with the AI Elon Musk as one of the "guests": AI Joe Rogan & AI Elon Musk on The Athene AI Show (Parody)

It's actually a bit boring compared to some of the others he's posted recently, so you might check out his other videos. If you are familiar with Asmongold, that's an interesting one to check out. A lot of the questions on all the interviews are, hmmm, not very high class heh.

Edit: That video doesn't start anything until about the 32 minute mark. (Live stream.)

Reactions: Ban

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Hallelujah! The AI has not yet reached its final form. It can still be humbled. It has not yet at the point where it can read "ancient Rome" and use ingredients restricted to the era before the Columbian exchange.

Prompt: Write a recipe for lasagna without ingredients from the New World

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of ground lamb or beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat and transfer the meat to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary. Stir in the beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with a little water until smooth. Stir into the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 4 sheets of lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping slightly. Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta. Spoon half of the meat mixture over the cheese, spreading evenly. Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, cheese, and meat. Top with the remaining noodles and sauce, and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
One last one for today:

Prompt: Write a limerick about a writer who finds out AI cribbed his work:

There once was a writer named Rick
Who thought he was clever and slick
He wrote a bestseller
But then he found out
An AI had copied his trick

But WAIT! It doesn't rhyme, so let's try again...

There once was a writer named Sue
Who wrote a novel that was new
She was so proud
But then she found out
An AI had written it too

Hahaha! Victory! Another broken rhyme!! AI has lost -

There once was a writer named Lee
Who wrote a sci-fi mystery
He was in for a shock
When he checked the stock