1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

How does a protagonist beat an antagonist that knows the future?

Discussion in 'Writing Discussions' started by CloudIX, Mar 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. WooHooMan

WooHooMan Auror

I'm not exactly mad about this but, I guess for the sake of clarification: I think that if you start a thread, you should make it clear as to the point(s) of the thread in the first post.
    Other similiar threads I've seen tend to start with the scenario and then give a possible solution all in the first post. Starting with an intentionally vague question, then a few posts later suggesting a possible solution with more context to the scenario added and then, in a later post, explaining the point of the thread just kind of confused me.

I guess it's just my idea of "forum etiquette" or something.

(y)

S.T. Ockenner likes this.
  2. CloudIX

CloudIX Dreamer

I get what you're saying, but I didn't really have my own solution when I made the thread. My solutions came from everybody's perspectives that I got after asking the question in the first post. It was a culmination of everybody's answers including yours.

The point of the thread was to get what I ended up getting, and I probably would've never mentioned any point had it not been for your response. I only mentioned a point to you as a response to your post and the conversation we were having; it wasn't the point to the whole thread. I don't think I would've gotten all the different responses I did had I made it for some specific point from the beginning nor did I really have a point outside of getting perspectives. I suppose we all can't always agree though. Thanks for the perspective.

S.T. Ockenner likes this.