1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Can't add a signature?

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by Dwarven Gold, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Dwarven Gold

Dwarven Gold Minstrel

How do I add a sig to my posts? I can't find the option.

2. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

You need to make at least five posts before you can add a signature to your posts.

3. Aqua Buddha

Aqua Buddha Scribe

Where is the menu for a sig? I just made 5 posts, and I can't find it in the control panel.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. Black Dragon

The forum automatically applies usergroup promotions once every hour. When the next promotion interval is reached, you with then have permission to add a signature to your profile.

In plain English, just wait an hour and the option will be made available to you automatically. :)

5. Aqua Buddha

Aqua Buddha Scribe

It's available now. :p

6. cpvr

cpvr New Member

Thanks. Is there any way you can tell us that during registration because I wouldn't have known this until i saw this post.

7. Black Dragon

Cpvr,

Thank you for another helpful suggestion. I've added this information to the welcome pm that new users receive upon registration.

8. Legerdemain

Legerdemain Troubadour

Tony, is there are way to register where the posts are made? That way people won't just post 5 times quickly by saying "First" and such? I mean, you could just ban hammer them, but that would be sadness all around. That said, I like the idea, no "Why don't you buy sports equipment" posts in this forum will be great!

9. Black Dragon

Unfortunately, there's no way to control where the five posts should be made, nor their length. That's a limitation of the software.

The good thing is that anyone who is really interested in being involved in the community won't have a problem making five posts. This precaution is primarily to deter professional spammers.

By the way, it's rather amazing how many spammers have been trying to get on to this site. Each day anywhere from 5 to 10 spambots attempt to register. Sometimes far more. And this is for a forum that hasn't even been publicly launched yet!!!

Thankfully these bots are pretty easy to outsmart.

10. Legerdemain

Legerdemain Troubadour

Fight those spammers Dragon! Hold your ground! :D