• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Can't add a signature?

Aqua Buddha

Scribe
Where is the menu for a sig? I just made 5 posts, and I can't find it in the control panel.

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
The forum automatically applies usergroup promotions once every hour. When the next promotion interval is reached, you with then have permission to add a signature to your profile.

In plain English, just wait an hour and the option will be made available to you automatically. :)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Cpvr,

Thank you for another helpful suggestion. I've added this information to the welcome pm that new users receive upon registration.

Legerdemain

Troubadour
Tony, is there are way to register where the posts are made? That way people won't just post 5 times quickly by saying "First" and such? I mean, you could just ban hammer them, but that would be sadness all around. That said, I like the idea, no "Why don't you buy sports equipment" posts in this forum will be great!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Unfortunately, there's no way to control where the five posts should be made, nor their length. That's a limitation of the software.

The good thing is that anyone who is really interested in being involved in the community won't have a problem making five posts. This precaution is primarily to deter professional spammers.

By the way, it's rather amazing how many spammers have been trying to get on to this site. Each day anywhere from 5 to 10 spambots attempt to register. Sometimes far more. And this is for a forum that hasn't even been publicly launched yet!!!

Thankfully these bots are pretty easy to outsmart.