• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cover art of Fargoer - what do you think?

Fargoer

Dreamer
Hello everyone,

I did read the posting guidelines but couldn't upload the photos directly to the Gallery (didn't have upload permissions). So instead, here's a direct link to our Pinterest board where you can find all the book covers :)

Fargoer Saga Cover Art

We're very interested in hearing feedback and comments on the cover art. How does it look to you?

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I really like the simplicity of the design. It's reminiscent of folk art, which is appropriate given the subject matter of the stories.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I think most of them look good. The image for "Of Fire and Stone" seems a little dark and hard to see as a thumbnail. The image for "End of Innocence" is little disorienting and detracts from the title.

I'm back and forth about the diagonal line.

lawrence

Troubadour
I like the general feel, the color palette and texture, and fonts. Conveys an archaic feel and a flavour of native american and anglo -saxon mixed! At least that's the sense I got :) I think the images could be a little more striking/interesting, for example the autumn flames could be burnt orange/tan/brown leaves motif with a hint of smoke wisps.

Fargoer

Dreamer
Thanks for the feedback. Especially the things considering the thumbnail and End of Innocence's image, we might have to do something about those. Also gonna experiment with the coloring in Autumn Flames and see what we come up with. The cover art of Bloodsilver (Part V) was just released, can be found in Pinterest or from our homepage.

Last edited:

jrcarney52

Acolyte
I really like the *Bloodsilver* cover, and the *Autumn Flames* cover. They're the strongest. I agree with the others. They have a real simplicity and elegance to them. Part III isn't my favorite. The image seems formless. I know it's a stone I'm looking at. Stones aren't the most interesting objects of artistic study.

Hi,

I liked the over all thrust of the design and the layout. I'm not so crazy about the olive green. The gray and the red tones work far better to my eyes. However the tree from the roots of evil I don't like. For some reason it looks too cartoony to me. And the pattern of stones from Bloodsilver seems wrong. I look at it and I keep thinking it should be a maze looked down upon from above, which makes it hard to accept that there are places where the line of stones criss cross each other. I'd like it better if the design were one single line that never criss crossed. The colour of the leaf / tree in Autumn flames is really good and brings a sort of eye catching simplicity to the whole thing.

Cheers, Greg.

Fargoer

Dreamer
The maze in bloodsilver is just as it is supposed to be. Lots of such mazes have been found in Finland and some of them have been built in ancient times. In Finnish they were called "Jatulintarha" and the form is usually just like it is in the picture. You must think yourself going in from the left side and after that there is a continuous path all the way to the center. Well, actually it is not a maze in such a way that there is no dead-ends but rather a long path to the center.

You can find pictures of the constuctions by entering "Jatulintarha" on google, the language is Finnish but pictures speak better than thousand words :).