• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dipping My Toe In Before the Big Leap

SensibleRin

Dreamer
Hello, everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself.
I've been actively developing a fantasy series for at least five years now, but am only now starting to get serious about writing it. I hope to find a support group here. Nobody in my real life wants to hear me go on and on about my stuff, or has already heard it. I'd love to have a talk about process.
I'm in college, but due to medical reasons I've been there for a while. I'm 25, surrounded by people much younger than me. I'm double-majoring in English Writing Intensive and Psychology. I adore cats, owls, and snakes. I am the queen of my kitchen. I like history, geography, comics, superheroes, fairy tales, mythology, and fanfiction. And American football.
Nice to meet you.

GeekDavid

Auror
You adore cats? Yeah, you'll fit in here.

Grab a chair and jump in a discussion somewhere... or find a chat if someone is running one.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes.
I was in much the same spot you are in when I joined here - much too excited about my own creations for my real world friends to put up with it. ;)

This is a great place for discussing both world building and writing. As GD mentioned, feel free to dive into an ongoing discussion or start your own. Why not give a little introduction to your own project, or ask about something you're trying to work out currently in your project?

Good, another cat-person, welcome to the scribes SensibleRin. When I dipped my toe into writing I lost my balance and fell in. Best accident that happened to me. Hope you like it here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Cats - Snakes - Owls... now there is a battle royal!
Welcome aboard SensibleRin
Hope you have fun here.

siravery

Dreamer
Welcome aboard! I would definitely like to hear more about your fantasy series. Do you have anything published as of yet?

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
Welcome Sensible One! I feel the same way with my friends and I enjoy those subjects as well, so we can always just vent our stories on eachother :p