• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Do you play old school games?

I remember buying a PC game from a bargain bin back when the internet was young. In Memoriam - you are on the trail of a serial killer and you had to follow clues across the internet. You'd get emails in rl to point you in the right direction. From memory, it was a disturbing experience (one I've often wanted to play again). Anyone recall it?
 
Heroes of Might and Magic III. Never really stopped playing it. But it feels like the one Ubisoft put on Uplay for 30 year anniversary is different than the old one in artifact balance. Maybe it is just me, I don't know.
 

Gurkhal

Auror
Heroes of Might and Magic III. Never really stopped playing it. But it feels like the one Ubisoft put on Uplay for 30 year anniversary is different than the old one in artifact balance. Maybe it is just me, I don't know.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed something with the new version. If its better or worse I wouldn't be able to say.
 
I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed something with the new version. If its better or worse I wouldn't be able to say.
I'm curious about that Tomb Raider remake for this reason.
It looks fully remade from the ground up, at least from the trailer.
But I wonder if they kept the old controls etc. Or if they 'modernized' it by way of making the platforming better etc.
 

Amydreams

Acolyte
By old school I mean any game made before and up to 2005. Platform, PC, Mac, whatever.

I'm an old school kind of guy and although I have the latest consoles and a lot of great games, I find myself inexplicably drawn to my faves from the 80's and 90's. I even play a few from the early double ought years.

Anyone else suffer from chronic nostalgia?
I’m old enough to remember playing games on the Commodore 64 like jump man and dig dug and a bunch of other weird ones including one called impossible mission that was impossible, but it had a fun music memory mini game, where you had to play the notes after it played. We also played it because it was fun to throw the man down one of the holes that he could fall down and die and he would scream in a funny voice and we all thought that was funny. Of course we were around 8 years old at the time. My first actual computer game was doom and I have it on my switch because it’s such a fun memory.
 
Top