• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dreams

Kit

Maester
Barring personal associations that might cause a different meaning, those sex dreams about your bosses and colleagues just mean that you want to develop a better relationship/better communication with them. They are very common.

Another thing about dreams... sometimes they disrupt my life. Like, the Xmas story you had when you were 10... I have those once in a while. I don't remember them most of the time, or just catch the tail end of them, but I've berated my husband for being mean to me and then I realize it was just a dream... feels too real though.

AND... I rarely have sex dreams, but there is absolutely one time I always have them... when I start a new job (or similar thing, like when I joined the band, etc.) There's nothing worse than starting a new job and having an intimate dream about a few people at the office (male or female, all manner of PG-13 to X ratedness). It's awful, and I dread having to try to look at people the next day, because I can feel my face go all red when they say something to me, and even if I don't remember the dream, it's like my brain does and starts sending me images of it.

It's funny that you mention that. That has happened to me only once before and it was about a person that was in my high school chemistry class. She was attractive but I honestly had no...intentions, of her. I woke up and was like, ".......Okay. Going back to sleep now."

Jess A

Archmage
Has anybody had a dream and they still don't know if it is a memory or a dream? I had a dream that I shouted at a friend of my brother's - this was years ago. I had to ask her if it had actually happened. Thankfully it didn't - I still remember it as vividly as a memory and it makes me cringe! I rarely lose my temper like that unless really pushed.

I've had other dreams which could be memories, too.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
That happens to me sometimes, Storm Cloud!!

With some dreams, I am not sure whether something happened here in the waking world or in the dreams world... In one occasion I dreamed about a maze of mirrors in the Mall that would take me to a Fantasy land full of crazy creatures, and for the next few days I was not sure if there was a mirror maze in the Mall or not.

Then I went to the Mall one day and I discovered that the mirror maze was there, but certainly it would not open a gateway to travel to a different reality =)

Last night I dreamed that I was in Mars, and when I walked into a city I discovered that the Martian people looked similar to us except that they had square-shaped big eyes. I tried to cover my eyes so they would not realize that I was different, but they were noticing and then a man helped me by hiding me in his shop.

The Martian night was like a semi-dark blue dusk, and several days later there were some government agents trying to find me... Then another group took me to a large house out of the city to protect me, and it was fun to live there =)

I have no idea how I ended up in that strange planet!!

Has anybody had a dream and they still don't know if it is a memory or a dream? I had a dream that I shouted at a friend of my brother's - this was years ago. I had to ask her if it had actually happened. Thankfully it didn't - I still remember it as vividly as a memory and it makes me cringe! I rarely lose my temper like that unless really pushed.

I've had other dreams which could be memories, too.

yeah if you go back I mentioned one dream like this earlier. It's the Christmas morning one

Jess A

Archmage
Sheilawisz: Oh I don't know ... I would investigate those mirrors at the mall pretty thoroughly ;)

Androxine: I posted in a hurry and didn't get a chance to read the other 4-5 pages of posts. Apologies.