• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Favorite topic to write about?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Hope and Redemption. There's a lot of detail and nuance that goes with that, but ultimately it's Hope and Redemption. Not in terms of who may or may not be deserving, but rather in how primal they can be as sources of agency. Where that agency leads is another story.

Diana Silver

Minstrel
Spirits. Things that are not human but have taken human a aspect so they can talk to us of their experience.

Second-place goes to sibblings. The love and complexity that comes from growing up together, and the soft ache of growing apart as your live takes its own form.

Soooo many!

I do really like writing things related to the 'found family' trope, though. I find it interesting to write about a character connecting with or befriending another from a different walk of life, unexpectedly, and having their perception of the world changed by it. I've found that it really expands the realm of possibilities when it comes to worldbuilding. My MC meets a stranger in a forest she's never been to before and learns about a civilization/culture/society that even I didn't know about until I started writing that scene!

MoSSurII

Scribe
Stories about The Indomitable Human Spirit! 💪💪💪

But for real though, it's mostly a world's 'systems', that is, the backbones which control the 'rules' that govern my fictional world. So like magic systems, social hierarchies, geography and the likes.

Well, now that I look back on what I just wrote, I could've just said worldbuilding. But, eh. Waste your time reading my post.

Stories about The Indomitable Human Spirit! 💪💪💪

But for real though, it's mostly a world's 'systems', that is, the backbones which control the 'rules' that govern my fictional world. So like magic systems, social hierarchies, geography and the likes.

Well, now that I look back on what I just wrote, I could've just said worldbuilding. But, eh. Waste your time reading my post.
Reading is never a waste of time, nor is reflecting on what we just wrote or said. ;)