• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

(For lack of anything remotely clever to say:) Hi there.

ValkyrieMist

Acolyte
Howdy and thanks for having me. To Mythic Scribes at large: thanks for existing.

Recently I've had an epiphany: I am not, after all, going to be satisfied with writing just for my own personal enjoyment. I have to try to do something more with it.

But before I can do that I have to find out whether my writing sucks. (And if it does, I have to find out if it's salvageable.)

In wake of said epiphany I went looking for an avenue by which I could do that, and I stumbled on Mythic Scribes. Looks like it should be good for whatever ails me (and I suspect a few things do).

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, ValkyrieMist! You won't regret finding this place, trust me. :D You can post in the Showcase forum once you get five posts elsewhere, and there's plenty of feedback to be had from virtually everyone.

In the meantime, feel free to test the waters wherever tickles your fancy.

JRFLynn

Sage
Hi ValkyrieMist, welcome to the forge! ER, I mean forum...Yes, there's lots of nifty things here that may help you. Share if you like, we're pretty easygoing and I doubt your writing "sucks". We've all started somewhere.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met ValkyrieMist
This is a good place to learn and share.
[I have nothing further to add at this point :)]

Welcome to the Scribes ValkyrieMist (awesome name). This is the perfect place for writers and fantasy folks to meet, I hope you make good use of this place. I have to be careful what I say now, because I don't want to put you off your work, but this is just what I've learned from my own writing. Most writing in its initial base form, sucks to a certain extent, that is simply the nature of the first draft. However, it is all salvageable. It's just a natural part of the process, to take something that is rough and incompletely formed, and turn it into a polished diamond. I hope you don't find that observation too pessimistic, it's just what I've learned from my own writing.