• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I couldn't think of anything clever to put here.

Rachel.

Acolyte
Hi. I found this site just today via the Mythic Scribes twitter account following me, and then me following it back, and perusing the site out of curiosity. I'm rather glad I did, since there are so few fantasy writing communities that I can ever manage to find.

A few odd facts about me:
✖ I'm a sucker for high fantasy. It's my passion, and I've pretty much been obsessed with the medieval era and high fantasy since I was like ten.
✖ I'm an aspiring writer, and (you guessed it) my WIP novel is a YA high fantasy. Surprising, right?
✖ I'm an unrepentant geek, and one of those freaky online people who you'll find commonly throwing down overused jokes like "it's over 9000!"
✖ I'm a role-player, both tabletop and play-by-post.
✖ This all adds up to create a weird person with a southern accent that hates pepperoni. I hope you'll learn to love me despite all this.

So that's about me in a nutshell. Pleased to meet you.

Welcome, Rachel! I don't care for pepperoni either. Of course I get funny looks for not liking grits, cornbread, and PB&J sandwiches - since I live in the Deep South, but hey - we all have our preferences. Looking forward to reading your work.

Rachel.

Acolyte
@At Dusk I Reign: Thank you.

@Meg the Healer: I grew up in the deep south. Mississippi in fact. Now I live in tornado alley though. Sigh.

@Midnight Falling: Presently I've taking a LoA from play-by-post in favor of working on my novel and pursuing silly dreams of becoming published. I had my own RP site called Chronicles of Indur (which is pretty dead now) that me and several people wrote on. I could go on and on about all the places I used to RP at though: Aelyria, Hidden Realms, World of Tur, and I lurk on RPG-D all the time; plus so many more that are dead now!

For tabletop, I do all the classics: D&D, Star Trek, Star Wars, Modern, and more recently me and some friends devised our own d10 system for a Harry Potter game. I'll quit before I geek-out more now.

EPIC!!!! I Role Play.. Post by post.. and with a dice system on AOL.... plus I play LotRO >.> I can't help myself x.x! Table top wise.. I play this one called earth Dawn... It's not usually my styles with the whole air ship thing.. too modern LOL but the rest is fantasy so I deal with the air ships >.< on the plus side my Earth Dawn characet is only 15 inches tall and rides on a cheetah's head in a walnut shell o_O

Mythos

Troubadour
Hello Rachel, you sound like a very fun and interesting person I can't wait to hear from you on the forums.

F

Falunel

Rachel said:
I'm an unrepentant geek, and one of those freaky online people who you'll find commonly throwing down overused jokes like "it's over 9000!"
I'm a role-player, both tabletop and play-by-post.
Have a high-five, and welcome!