• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Furry Companions

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
What a sweet, fun cat you have, Chilari =)

Was that you playing with him? I wish I could play like that with Jerry, but he is so shy and afraid of everything that even a great toy like that usually causes him to run away and hide.

I love cats so much!!

Chilari

Staff
Yes that was me. There's another one on my channel involving a mysteriously moving shrub that Chaucer keeps attacking.

SeverinR

Vala
Anyone elses dog love the laser bug?
Pick up a hand sized flashlight in my house and Layla is on alert for the little red bug to race across the floor.
Sometimes she is even funnier then the cats.

Sparkie

Auror
Anyone elses dog love the laser bug?
Pick up a hand sized flashlight in my house and Layla is on alert for the little red bug to race across the floor.
Sometimes she is even funnier then the cats.

I tried that with my dog, and it freaked her out. She's kind of a whimp.

FatCat

Maester
I happen to be acquainted with the best cat in the world, a Mr. Dorian Grey. He's a Russian blue pure bred I picked up from the SPCA. If he's awake, he's purring. It's really bizarre because I'm not exaggerating. If you want to see him, he may make a public appearance when we do this hangout thing.

SeverinR

Vala
Layla loved Thanksgiving,
dozens of people offering turkey or ham for alittle of her affection.
I think she is starting to believe the world is here to adore her.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
The day before Thanksgiving, I got a new addition to the family.

I went to the local animal shelter looking for an older cat, calico, a tuxedo or a black cat. One that was 'less adoptable'. I didn't find either. What I wound up with is a 6 month old, one-eyed tortoiseshell kitten. Her name is currently Maryann, although Mischief suits her quite well.

She lost her eye due to an infection that wouldn't heal and eventually she went blind in the eye, so they removed it.

Damien, also a rescue, hid under the bed, all growly and grouchy, for the first day. When he came out to sit at his favorite window, he was still being a grumpy-butt, then went and hid in the bathroom.

I was playing with Maryann with a bird on a bungee and Damien came out. They sniffed noses and he didn't growl, so that's improvement.

When I first got home, Maryann was everywhere, including the kitchen sink, running, jumping and sliding on the the kitchen floor. I couldn't tell if her shadow was scaring her or if she was attacking it, but she was having a blast. Finally, the jingle balls are getting played with.

I never really thought Damien was all that big. Sure, he's a rollypolly cat, but after holding the small and delicate Maryann, he feels like an over weight bulldog instead of a chubby tabby.

Damien is finally starting to make nice with her, even though she does ambush him from time to time.

Sparkie

Auror
The day before Thanksgiving, I got a new addition to the family.

I went to the local animal shelter looking for an older cat, calico, a tuxedo or a black cat. One that was 'less adoptable'. I didn't find either. What I wound up with is a 6 month old, one-eyed tortoiseshell kitten. Her name is currently Maryann, although Mischief suits her quite well.

She lost her eye due to an infection that wouldn't heal and eventually she went blind in the eye, so they removed it.

Damien, also a rescue, hid under the bed, all growly and grouchy, for the first day. When he came out to sit at his favorite window, he was still being a grumpy-butt, then went and hid in the bathroom.

I was playing with Maryann with a bird on a bungee and Damien came out. They sniffed noses and he didn't growl, so that's improvement.

When I first got home, Maryann was everywhere, including the kitchen sink, running, jumping and sliding on the the kitchen floor. I couldn't tell if her shadow was scaring her or if she was attacking it, but she was having a blast. Finally, the jingle balls are getting played with.

I never really thought Damien was all that big. Sure, he's a rollypolly cat, but after holding the small and delicate Maryann, he feels like an over weight bulldog instead of a chubby tabby.

Damien is finally starting to make nice with her, even though she does ambush him from time to time.

Two thumbs up on the rescue, JadedSidhe.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
Thanks.

Its been three days and they're getting along. He still won't play with her and she keeps ambushing him which scares him.

It's kind of funny, because he's twice her size. Maybe his fear is because a tortie beat him up a few years ago. :eek:

SeverinR

Vala
I forgot,
A few weeks ago we had the first snow fall, nothing stuck but the flakes were plenty enough.
I had taken Layla to town, and it wasn't snowing when I went in, and the windows fogged up before I returned.
So when I got in, Layla wanted to look out the window, and she sat there amazed at the white stuff falling. She would turn to look at me and then look back at the flakes, you could see the excitement in her eyes.
Sometimes its just like having another child.